New to Android Programming

0 Adam Redfern · March 17, 2015
Hello, I have just started Bucky's new tutorials on Android dev and have no knowledge of Java at all and wondered if it be better for me to watch his Java ones first. Thanks in advance.

Adam

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Dol Lod · March 17, 2015
Yeah, I think it is better to watch Java first if you don't know C,C++ or python. If you know C++, you can probably skip most of the videos and jump to Android Programming, but it would still be better to watch the videos. 
+1 Umar ( ゚ヮ゚) · March 17, 2015
Yeah Watching the Basic Java, and then Intermediate Java Videos will be a Big help!  ;)
0 Adam Redfern · March 18, 2015
Thanks!:)
0 Kuroodo Ditory · March 21, 2015
Don't forget to practice, practice, and practice!

Make small projects (like a game, cash register, etc). With this you'll be able to learn programming, and get familiar with Java. You will also learn a bunch of new things that will be useful.
0 Vera Hurst · March 21, 2015
Hi Adam,
To understand android development completely you must have profound knowledge of Java. It is very important to have a clear understanding of Java in order to become a good android developer. I would also recommend you to read the blogs of android app developers to get more knowledge on the latest trends and technological advancements in this field. I found some great blogposts on this blog - www.loungelizard.com . The last but not the least is you must practice a lot. Make mock games, small programs to improve your development skills.
0 Suraj Davariya · March 22, 2015

Adam Redfern · March 17, 2015

Hello, I have just started Bucky's new tutorials on Android dev and have no knowledge of Java at all and wondered if it be better for me to watch his Java ones first. Thanks in advance.

Adam

Hey Adam, Good going bro.  :)
Well, in order to learn Android, you should have to understand basic concepts of Java. 
You can learn JAVA from Bucky's tutorial. However, to understand basic knowledge, you can refer to a reference book " HEAD FIRST JAVA". Personally I have been using www.javatpoint.com for any kind of help.
Everything is easy. You have to do practice :) 

Java / Android Development

107,246 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator