Which book i should purchase , C++ by Bjarne stroustrup or C++ Primer by Stephen Prata . please advice

+1 sanchit sharma · March 11, 2015
i am a very BEGINNER in C++ and i need a book that covers every concept and clear all doubts and MOST priority it should be easy to understand

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · March 11, 2015
The Prata books is terrible. Besides it is not called C++ Primer, it is called C++ Primer Plus.

Get the book called C++ Primer by Stanley B. Lippman 

Stroustrup might be interesting, but it is not meant for beginners. 
+1 Earl Hudson · March 11, 2015
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=download+C%2B%2B+primer  :)
0 Damian Rivas · March 13, 2015
I learned from the 6th Edition of "C++ Programming: From Problem Analysis to Program Design" and I had no prior knowledge of programming before reading it. It's a good book, I highly recommend it.
0 Dol Lod · March 13, 2015
I read the book Absolute C++ by Walter Savitch. It's pretty good at having the exact syntax you need, but could be outdated.I used it when I first started learning programming. Admittedly, I didn't learn much until I started making my code do something like exercises. However, when I have needed to consult for code, it's always been a great resource. 

I honestly think that textbooks are supplemental to other kinds of lectures whether they are formal class lectures or online videos, but this one does have a lot of documentation and is a formal textbook used by my school. 
0 Rian F · March 14, 2015
I bought the book "C++ A Beginner's Guide" by Herbert Schildt which covers everything from simple Hello World programs to creating Objects. I would recommend this book
0 Kevin Anthony · March 20, 2015
I am in the midst of Jumping into C++ by Alex Allain. It is a very good, well detailed and explained tutorials. I would highly recommend. He also has an accompanying website www.Cprogramming.com 
0 Umar ( ゚ヮ゚) · March 20, 2015
I have Primer and I found that really helpful personal experience but that book already assumes 

you know a little basic about c++ they don't put emphasis  on the basics as much

Used in many types of software including music players, video games, and many large scale applications.

Bucky Roberts Administrator