how long will it take for the virtual device to load?

+2 Rich Sharma · March 10, 2015
hi i am on tutorial 4 of the android series and i am wondering how long it takes to load. its my first time running it, and it has been up for about nine hours and still has that android logo on it. what is the average load time when you first run it? did it stop working? here is what it says: emulator: 
device fd:692
HAX is not working and emulator runs in emulation mode
emulator: The memory needed by this VM exceeds the driver limit.
creating window 43 59 329 583
emulator: emulator window was out of view and was recentered
emulator: ERROR: _factory_client_recv: Unknown camera factory query name in 'listPK'
emulator: ERROR: _factory_client_recv: Unknown camera factory query name in ''

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Matthew Cliatt · March 10, 2015
It usually takes mine 30 seconds at most. On average around 20 seconds. You may need to google to see what others did when they had this problem, but it is definitely not normal. If all else fails, uninstall and reinstall Android Studio.

Good luck!
Remember to post your solution here if you find one so others can see what you did to fix it.
0 Rich Sharma · March 10, 2015
how long did it take the first time you ran it?
0 Abhinav Shukla · March 10, 2015
If you have a slow computer then at the most maybe a minute or two. Depends on how strong your computer is. And if your running it for the first time it might take two minutes.
0 Rich Sharma · March 11, 2015
really? because mine is a slow computer and it is still showing the android logo on the emulator and hasnt opened up anything, and i ran a little more than a hour ago.
0 Amruta K · March 11, 2015
Hi, I had the same problem. U can go to to your C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\extras\intel\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager and run the intelhaxm-android file. When u r installing check if the RAM exceeds your virtual device's in the device's advanced setting. if it does, probably create a diff device matching the RAM. 
0 Abhinav Shukla · March 11, 2015
Oh yea @AmrutaK I had the same problem with my computer but I didn't remember because the last time I had that problem I was around 8 and I am 16 now.

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator