I don't know what I did

+4 Dante Vega · March 9, 2015
I don't know what I did here. when I started working on the page earlier today everything was centered but now all <h1>s are offset to the boarder of the screen instead of centered why is this happening?/images/forum/upload/2015-03-09/fe1cf2f88a5643cc36af665083dd17cd.jpg

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 3
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Dante Vega · March 11, 2015
Okay so I changed the CSS to:

img      {width:950px;}

p      {width:1000px;
color:cyan;
text-align:justify;}

.container {width:1200px;
  margin:0px auto;
  background-image:url(BG.png);
  background-repeat:no-repeat;
  background-position:-300px 88px}

h1      {color:#B9529E;}

body      {background-color:#5D5D5D;}

strong      {color:yellow;}

a        {color:black;}

em          {color:yellow}

#nav      {width:1000px;}

and this is what I got.

One problem was fixed to reveal another one. You can see that the background element is cut off on the left side. I tried playing with the background-position and the margin and none of the them effect the left side. I also noticed when zoomed out to the max the background element doesn't reach the bottom of the content but that is an easy fix I can just make a longer background element. How do I go about relieving the left side of the background element though. 
+2 Dante Vega · March 11, 2015
So I figured that one out on my own and now I just have one more minor problem before I put the links in the spaces provided on the navigation bar and launching this page for informational uses. here's what I have so far.

I am guessing this is a small problem but i am not sure of how complex it is because of my inexperience with the two languages I am learning right now as you can blatantly see. The problem is with the GDTutorials.net header you see how it is not centered? here is what I have so far in CSS,

img      {width:950px;
padding-left:90px;}

p      {width:1000px;
color:cyan;
text-align:justify;

.container {width:1200px;
  height:3918px;
  margin:30px auto;
  background-image:url(BG.png);
  background-repeat:no-repeat;
  background-position:0px 153px;
  background-attachment:center;}

h1      {color:#B9529E;

body      {background-color:#5D5D5D;}

strong      {color:yellow;}

a        {color:black;

em          {color:yellow}

#nav      {width:1000px;

Anyone have any Ideas? 

Thank you in presently and in advanced for helping me out on this little project. 
+1 Abdullah Nauman · March 11, 2015
I am not sure what you mean. You header is centered. 
I don't know how you can say the header is centered when if you look at this image it is clearly not centered.

/images/forum/upload/2015-03-11/e2ff87288433b3125cb4d37e921a6f72.jpg

As a graphic designer I was taught that if something was going to be off to make sure it was obviously off on purpose because if there is any way that someone can interpret it as an accident it effects your volatility in future out comes.  
when I am done with the information page I will be doing some broken link digging and deep broken link digging to maximize exposure but this can't happen till I am able to get the GDTutoials.net header centered. I have been trying for hours this morning and have not been able to figure it out. I need help doing so though. the most up to date CSS code that I have is provided in the second to last post of mine before this one.
0 Abdullah Nauman · March 11, 2015
In the CSS for the header,try adding 'float:center;'
@Martijn Hoekstra

Oh i will but like I said I am going to post thie information in hopes of finding supporters to help in my cause. Okay so maybe I didn't use those exact words before but I do believe that the point was made in an earlier post. The informationa page is only going to tell everyone why a company such as the one I am trying to start is needed and how I plan on accomplishing the fulfillment of such a need. The archetctual structure in witch the company will work is not going to be released until I know for certain that I have a writen contract stating that the person in whom I realese the information to is going to assist me in the overall creation of the website until completion or the idea is abandoned by GDTutorials.net founder. This way I know that the person that I indulge with the infomation is bound by that contract to the completion of the site. Of course the reason why anyone in this situation would stay is the incentive that I will be providing also bound by contract would be a small percentage of the total profits for future employment as a web master and Unlimited VIP access to any tutorials hosted by GDTutorials. The knowlage alone if the company is a success would be worth the effort of creating the site alone. After all knowlage is priceless and if you have access to the largest lybrary of graphic design tutorials think of the possibilities that you will leave yourself open to.
@abdullah

Okay I will try that once I get home from work.
+1 Dante Vega · March 12, 2015
@Raahim Ghauri

It is called a work in progress and no I never said that I wanted to make Graphic Design tutorials if you read my posts up to this point you would know the business that I am trying to start is a site on hosting graphic design tutorials. I hate it when people just read the first post and think they know everything about what you plan on doing. Did you not see that this thread has 4 pages or are you new to forums entirely? I am only asking because it should have been blatant that the numbers on the bottom of this thread stood for the number of pages but obviously you didn't get that.

Have you ever heard the expression don't judge a book by the cover or the title?
0 Dol Lod · March 12, 2015
I think you should just halt your progress for right now for the overall site for right now. From what I've seen so far, you're unfamiliar with this type of work at this point. I'm not saying give up, but just accept that at this point in time you don't have the required skills to make the site and start learning those skills.

Honestly, I think you should start off by writing down every individual feature of code you will be using and  just implement a sample working copy of those features. This will improve your progress because you can actually ask for help without giving away your business. It's only generic code, other than the content. Progress can also be monitored incrementally. Then your site could have a more stable and more efficient framework when you formally set it up. Right now, it is still flexible, but later on it will be much harder to change any part of your site. 

HTML / CSS / Web Design

107,312 followers
About

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.

Links
Moderators