I don't know what I did

+4 Dante Vega · March 9, 2015
I don't know what I did here. when I started working on the page earlier today everything was centered but now all <h1>s are offset to the boarder of the screen instead of centered why is this happening?/images/forum/upload/2015-03-09/fe1cf2f88a5643cc36af665083dd17cd.jpg

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Abdullah Nauman · March 10, 2015
No offense, but as Raahim said. Maybe you should improve your skills before actually launching a business, with a website.
+1 Dante Vega · March 10, 2015
I figured it out. It was one of those things that happened for no apparent reason at all. I copied and pasted to original content after pasting some lorum ipsum text in it and everything lined up just like a wanted to. Any how I am getting close to finishing the information page for the business I hope to start soon. For anyone who may be interested in viewing it I will post the link when it is done. Keep in mind I am a slow learner but when I do learn something it learned for good. 

I don't care what your reasons are for checking it out when I post it. Some because you are genuinely interested, you doing it just because you have the time to waste, because you want to see how big of a joke my business idea is, as long as you check it out its all good. 
+1 Abdullah Nauman · March 10, 2015
Dante, I think you might also want to improve your user interface. Make more captivating. Something like this: /images/forum/upload/2015-03-10/9afcbbbe8a964d729137cd21d40753bb.png
+2 Abdullah Nauman · March 10, 2015
Also, try coming up with a more original name.

If you will be focusing on computer then CompAcademymight me good.
+2 Dante Vega · March 10, 2015
Well what I had displayed was just the start of what I had. What you saw is just the Logo and the information that I was trying to organize. They say that the layout of the information is the hardest to organize in the manner that you want to display it in. So I thought that I would get the hardest thing out of the way first. Now that the content is looking satifactory I can concentrate on the design protion of the informational page.
+2 Dante Vega · March 10, 2015
Also the reason for posting the informational page is to possably hook someone into helping me out with creating the website. I would much rather get someone to make the website for free services and to be brought in as a webmaster for maintaining the website and all the content. This is because I know if it all depends on me learning everything it will be another year and some months to get the website up and running. I don't think I can stand my current living situation that much longer. I know the possibilities of the business and I know the service that GDTutorials.net will provide are needed. If I could hire a web master and then have him/her teach me all the things I need to know to create another site just like it then that is what I have to do. I can learn while the creation is on going.
+2 Abdullah Nauman · March 10, 2015
I can help you
+1 Dante Vega · March 11, 2015
OK here is what I Have so far however, in the video provided you will notice that the background element does not stay centered with the rest of the content. I am trying to fix this but I don't know how.

Here is the CSS code that I am using for the background element.

.container  {width:960px;
margin:auto auto;}

img      {width:950px;}

p      {width:1000px;
color:cyan;
text-align:justify;}

body      {background-color:#5D5D5D;
background-image:url(BG.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:0px 88px}

h1      {color:#B9529E;}

strong      {color:yellow;}

a        {color:black;}

em          {color:yellow}

#nav      {width:1000px;}

Any Ideas on how I can fix it?
0 sohrab zia ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ · March 11, 2015
give background to the container not the body.
+1 Dante Vega · March 11, 2015
@Sohrab Zia 

I don't understand can you please provide a sample in the coding?

HTML / CSS / Web Design

106,943 followers
About

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.

Links
Moderators