I don't know what I did

+4 Dante Vega · March 9, 2015
I don't know what I did here. when I started working on the page earlier today everything was centered but now all <h1>s are offset to the boarder of the screen instead of centered why is this happening?/images/forum/upload/2015-03-09/fe1cf2f88a5643cc36af665083dd17cd.jpg

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Dante Vega · March 12, 2015
Oh I forgot if the little conversation bubble lighting up every time I post a new post is getting on your nerves than unfollow this thread. 
Well you don't act it. You act more unprofessionally and immaturely then you do professionally. This is my thread I will post as many times as I please even if it's one right after the other especially if something comes to mind before I am able to get a response for the previous message. If you do not agree with this then there is only one other option that would make sense. Stop visiting my threads.
+2 Dante Vega · March 12, 2015
I know the last post was kinda off subject but the section of TNB where I origanlly typed it out for wouldn't let me submit it. there are elements that relate to previouse posts here in this thread so I hope it is ok that I posted it here instead.
Sorry Raahim I have already closed negotiations with someone else about the creation of the site. By the way I don't think I or anyone else that has gone through the amount of negative criticism, badgering or neglect to find out the whole story before commenting on issues that have been in the process for some time before it was originally posted.  

From all of that this is my perception on you. You’re a complainer and if I went into business with you wouldn't take things too seriously, you haven't read everything before you posted your complaint which tells me that you are lazy and won't put much effort into anything you create. You badger me over things that you don't agree with and so you come off as more inexperienced and unrefined.  

I am trying to start an ethical company and people that display the traits that you have towards me thus far has shown me that you are anything but ethical. If I went into business with you even if it were just you building me a website I think I would be setting myself up for harder ache than your worth. In the long run even if I were paying you it would probably be a waste of my time and I would be more in debt than before because the website would be worth nothing.  

Now this is just a perception that I got from what you have shown me and the sad thing is its probably just the opposite but if this is how I perceive you think about how many others out there perceive you the same way. After all you did criticize me, neglect to learn the facts before replying, and badger me in a public forum. You might think about changing all of this if you hope to be taken professionally in the future. Remember this is the digital age where if someone wanted to know about you all they would have to do is type your name or display name into a search engine and read some of your inputs, posts, or comments especially prospective employers. If you come off as negative to them what do you think your chances of getting hired would be? Think about it.
That is not called double posting that is called addressing a comment.
@Raahim

What do you mean double posting. There is only one time that I kinda double posted and even at that I apologized right after I realized that I did it. To mention that after the fact that I already acknowledged it means you just feel like busting my balls because you have nothing better to do with your spare time or just being an id10T!   
@Abdullah

I tried imputing float:center; in and it did absolutely nothing I do appreciate the attempted help but rest assured as soon as I started messing with the img {padding:left__;}  pixels the header started shifting over. I could have sworn I was doing that before and the header never moved. Any how its working now witch makes me very happy. Now all I have to do is duplicate the page four different times, put different titles on the duplicates, save them as differently named html files, put different content and add the links to the pages and everything should be gravy. 
Are you guys not reading what I am typing. I have mentioned at least twice that (I am only working on an informational page). When did i ever say I was going to build the website on my own. I have been saying that I was going to post the informational page in hopes to get someone on board to help build the website for me.
I mean does every one just take in what ever they want and post without knowing the full story? Before anyone else comments Please be sure to read everything that has come before this so I don't have to keep repeating my self time and time again. I have more confidence in the majority of people so I know people cant be this dense without actually trying to be.
0 Dol Lod · March 12, 2015
I think you should just halt your progress for right now for the overall site for right now. From what I've seen so far, you're unfamiliar with this type of work at this point. I'm not saying give up, but just accept that at this point in time you don't have the required skills to make the site and start learning those skills.

Honestly, I think you should start off by writing down every individual feature of code you will be using and  just implement a sample working copy of those features. This will improve your progress because you can actually ask for help without giving away your business. It's only generic code, other than the content. Progress can also be monitored incrementally. Then your site could have a more stable and more efficient framework when you formally set it up. Right now, it is still flexible, but later on it will be much harder to change any part of your site. 
@Raahim Ghauri

It is called a work in progress and no I never said that I wanted to make Graphic Design tutorials if you read my posts up to this point you would know the business that I am trying to start is a site on hosting graphic design tutorials. I hate it when people just read the first post and think they know everything about what you plan on doing. Did you not see that this thread has 4 pages or are you new to forums entirely? I am only asking because it should have been blatant that the numbers on the bottom of this thread stood for the number of pages but obviously you didn't get that.

Have you ever heard the expression don't judge a book by the cover or the title?

HTML / CSS / Web Design

106,948 followers
About

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.

Links
Moderators