I don't know what I did

+4 Dante Vega · March 9, 2015
I don't know what I did here. when I started working on the page earlier today everything was centered but now all <h1>s are offset to the boarder of the screen instead of centered why is this happening?/images/forum/upload/2015-03-09/fe1cf2f88a5643cc36af665083dd17cd.jpg

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 3
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Dante Vega · March 10, 2015
I figured it out. It was one of those things that happened for no apparent reason at all. I copied and pasted to original content after pasting some lorum ipsum text in it and everything lined up just like a wanted to. Any how I am getting close to finishing the information page for the business I hope to start soon. For anyone who may be interested in viewing it I will post the link when it is done. Keep in mind I am a slow learner but when I do learn something it learned for good. 

I don't care what your reasons are for checking it out when I post it. Some because you are genuinely interested, you doing it just because you have the time to waste, because you want to see how big of a joke my business idea is, as long as you check it out its all good. 
+1 Abdullah Nauman · March 10, 2015
Dante, I think you might also want to improve your user interface. Make more captivating. Something like this: /images/forum/upload/2015-03-10/9afcbbbe8a964d729137cd21d40753bb.png
+1 Dante Vega · March 11, 2015
OK here is what I Have so far however, in the video provided you will notice that the background element does not stay centered with the rest of the content. I am trying to fix this but I don't know how.

Here is the CSS code that I am using for the background element.

.container  {width:960px;
margin:auto auto;}

img      {width:950px;}

p      {width:1000px;
color:cyan;
text-align:justify;}

body      {background-color:#5D5D5D;
background-image:url(BG.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:0px 88px}

h1      {color:#B9529E;}

strong      {color:yellow;}

a        {color:black;}

em          {color:yellow}

#nav      {width:1000px;}

Any Ideas on how I can fix it?
@Sohrab Zia 

I don't understand can you please provide a sample in the coding?
Okay so I changed the CSS to:

img      {width:950px;}

p      {width:1000px;
color:cyan;
text-align:justify;}

.container {width:1200px;
  margin:0px auto;
  background-image:url(BG.png);
  background-repeat:no-repeat;
  background-position:-300px 88px}

h1      {color:#B9529E;}

body      {background-color:#5D5D5D;}

strong      {color:yellow;}

a        {color:black;}

em          {color:yellow}

#nav      {width:1000px;}

and this is what I got.

One problem was fixed to reveal another one. You can see that the background element is cut off on the left side. I tried playing with the background-position and the margin and none of the them effect the left side. I also noticed when zoomed out to the max the background element doesn't reach the bottom of the content but that is an easy fix I can just make a longer background element. How do I go about relieving the left side of the background element though. 
+1 Abdullah Nauman · March 11, 2015
I am not sure what you mean. You header is centered. 
I don't know how you can say the header is centered when if you look at this image it is clearly not centered.

/images/forum/upload/2015-03-11/e2ff87288433b3125cb4d37e921a6f72.jpg

As a graphic designer I was taught that if something was going to be off to make sure it was obviously off on purpose because if there is any way that someone can interpret it as an accident it effects your volatility in future out comes.  
when I am done with the information page I will be doing some broken link digging and deep broken link digging to maximize exposure but this can't happen till I am able to get the GDTutoials.net header centered. I have been trying for hours this morning and have not been able to figure it out. I need help doing so though. the most up to date CSS code that I have is provided in the second to last post of mine before this one.
@Martijn Hoekstra

Oh i will but like I said I am going to post thie information in hopes of finding supporters to help in my cause. Okay so maybe I didn't use those exact words before but I do believe that the point was made in an earlier post. The informationa page is only going to tell everyone why a company such as the one I am trying to start is needed and how I plan on accomplishing the fulfillment of such a need. The archetctual structure in witch the company will work is not going to be released until I know for certain that I have a writen contract stating that the person in whom I realese the information to is going to assist me in the overall creation of the website until completion or the idea is abandoned by GDTutorials.net founder. This way I know that the person that I indulge with the infomation is bound by that contract to the completion of the site. Of course the reason why anyone in this situation would stay is the incentive that I will be providing also bound by contract would be a small percentage of the total profits for future employment as a web master and Unlimited VIP access to any tutorials hosted by GDTutorials. The knowlage alone if the company is a success would be worth the effort of creating the site alone. After all knowlage is priceless and if you have access to the largest lybrary of graphic design tutorials think of the possibilities that you will leave yourself open to.
@abdullah

Okay I will try that once I get home from work.

HTML / CSS / Web Design

107,192 followers
About

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.

Links
Moderators