Tic Tac Toe Program

+1 Tucker Bullara · March 7, 2015
Hello guys. I am currently working on a tic tac toe program. Here is my design overview:

1. Display a grid, along with X's and O's(comes later)
2. Have the player choose their letter(X or O)
3. Based off of the players click on an area on the grid it will display the letter that they chose
4. If the player wins(based off of standard tic tac toe rules) they will see "Congrats you win" else they will see "You lose"
5. More coming later after this

So, as of now I am really getting stuck. I have a subclass that generates my grid and an O(Have not figured out how to draw an X yet). I know how to check whether the player wins or not and I know how to ask the player which letter they would like to choose, but my problem is that I do not know how to make an X or O appear in the corresponding area on the grid based off of a player click. Some advice on how to do this would be helpful. Also, what is the best way to accomplish this? Should i create another class and extend my shapes class into it, and then work from there? Anything is helpful. Also, I am fairly new to programming, sorry for the noob question.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Tucker Bullara · March 16, 2015
I finished my Tic Tac Toe program using buttons, thanks for the help
+1 Matthew Cliatt · March 9, 2015
I would suggest you use pictures for the X's and O's so you don't have to worry about using shapes to draw them.
0 Tucker Bullara · March 7, 2015
Thanks, I will look at it later on. Much apprectiated
0 Abdullah Nauman · March 7, 2015
This would probably be ale to help you. Its a guide on how to make a tic tac toe game in Java:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-Tic-Tac-Toe-in-Java/

Hope I helped :) 

Java / Android Development

107,317 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator