I'm currently creating a new web development programming language, using C, Flex, and Bison, and I need to find some developers who want to work on the project with me. The language is called Coal and is an object-oriented, optionally strongly typed, scripting language. The syntax is sort of a mix between PHP and Python. You can read some documentation on the language at http://aphpache.org/Coal/v6.0/docs/index.html
The basics of the language are already there, and here are some of the more important features that I've already created:
- Objects with Inheritance and Encapsulation
- Optional Strong Typing
- If / Else-If / Else, While, and For Statements
- Functions with Optional Arguments
- Integers, Doubles, Strings, Arrays, Dictionaries, and Booleans
- MySQL Database Connectivity
- POST, GET and COOKIES
- Apache CGI
If anyone is interested, I will post the project on GitHub, so that people can help me to develop the language.
I'm really hoping to find some developers who want to be a part of the web's next best programming language. :-)
Let me know if you're interested!