android code reuse

+1 madhu reddy · March 5, 2015
i worked on android project for a while and could not complete it....i unistalled my eclipse ...but I HAVE MY ANDRIOD PROJECT 
 now...when i want to reuse the project its showing lot of errors is thier any solution???

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Dol Lod · March 6, 2015
First, you should be using Android Studio b/c Eclipse is outdated for Android. If it truly was an Eclipse Project, you can import it through Android studio. However, also update the manifest file or it won't work. 

Now, clean the project and rebuild it. Everything should probably be resolved. 
0 madhu reddy · March 6, 2015
 C:\Users\sumanth123\workspace\MainActivity\res\values\styles.xml:7: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Light'.

this is the error am getting
Is this using a file defined in another library project or API like ActionBarSherlock? Have you checked to make sure that that particular theme is actually on the styles page if it is defined for the project? 
+1 Branislav Lazic · March 6, 2015
And what have we learned today kids?

We learned to use project management and build tools. Gradle! Gradle makes our Android project to be IDE independent, to manage dependencies etc. For some people it's obviously easier to suffer when migrating project from one IDE to another then to learn how to use Gradle in no more then one day.

Now, start from updating your question with screenshots of errors you get.

First, you should be using Android Studio b/c Eclipse is outdated for Android.

Who says that?
@ Brnislav Read the website. 

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html says that Android Studio is the official IDE now for Android. 

"If you have been using Eclipse with ADT, be aware that Android Studio is now the official IDE for Android, so you should migrate to Android Studio to receive all the latest IDE updates. For help moving projects, see Migrating to Android Studio."

It implies that Eclipse is outdated, saying Eclipse will not receive the latest IDE updates. Additionally, the Eclipse version would have to be very old and do you want to use an outaded IDE? Android Studio isn't bad at all and is very similar to Eclipse anyway. Why would you want to stay on Eclipse? 

Java / Android Development

107,188 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator