Sports Android App

+1 Morne van Rooyen · March 4, 2015

Good Dag,

First of all thank you for the Video Tutorials,

I have a Question does anybody know of an open source app or tutorial that will help me in creating an app for my sports club.
We are a none profit club, and I would like to do something for the club in my own way.

The app should have the following:

1. fixtures

2. Results

3. Log standings

4. Coaches notes *Counting the Tackles, Missed tackles, Play the Ball, Penalties Est* so that he can tell the players at half time what and where they are doing wrong.

Hope someone can help me in this, I'm new to android development and any help will be appreciated

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 T P · March 4, 2015
I don't get it, can you explain your app little more. I will be happy to help you :)
0 Morne van Rooyen · March 5, 2015
Hi T P
Sorry for my vague explanation.
I’m trying to build an app for my sports club (RUGBY LEAGUE).
In this app I would like to add
1.       Fixtures of the season (Date and time of next games).
Date: March 6 Team A vs Team B Time: 16:30 Venue: TBA
2.       Results of the game just played (Team A 12 – 6 Team B)
3.        Log Standings would be something like
Pos | Team | Played| Won | Lost| Draw| Bonus Points | Log Points
1.    | Team A | 4      | 4       | 0     | 0        | 4                      | 20
2.    | Team B | 4      | 3       | 1     | 0        | 3                      | 15
3.    | Team C | 4      | 2       | 2     | 0        | 1                      | 9
4.    | Team D | 4      | 0       | 4     | 0        | 0                      | 0
4.       Coaches notes will be for the coach to record data (stats)
Example: first half Team A had made 30 Tackles missed 6 Tackles, completed 3 sets of play the ball, lost the ball 4 times, had 5 penalties against them est. I think we can store the data on a mysql.

Hope the image below will help explain more for on the 4 points abovehttp://www.sanrl.co.za/sanrl.jpg
0 Morne van Rooyen · March 5, 2015
the above image examples was taken from the bbc website

Java / Android Development

107,153 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator