Beginner Projects?

+3 Austin DeWitt · March 4, 2015
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and Java!

I have been learning Java for about a couple months now, and I have all of these fun projects that I want to eventually do once I am better at programming, but as of right now I don't really know what to do.

I was just wondering if anyone had any beginner project or exercise ideas?

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Spikeedoo G · March 4, 2015
Well when I start languages I like to make simple calculators with input containing while loops, switch statements, if else statements, etc. to test what I know.

+2 Jake Scaife · March 4, 2015
Some fun ideas (some more challenging than others) that I enjoy include making a chess game, minesweeper, poker. Some others include a reminder program and an alarm clock, both help with fundamental programming skills aswell as being projects which can be easily expanded if you want to go deeper into the language of your choice.
+1 Patrick Feltes · March 7, 2015
I would try some calculators, text editors. If you want to get more complicated, try making some games like Pong, Tetris, Chess, etc. Good luck!
0 Branislav Lazic · March 4, 2015
Are you asking for Android application idea?
0 Austin DeWitt · March 5, 2015
Thanks Everyone! I will give them a shot ! 
and I tried the android app stuff, but I didn't understand any of it, so I didn't want to overwhelm myself!

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator