Accidently wpide my all hardisk and have installed UBUNTU

+3 Rehman . · February 24, 2015
what should i be doing now ? I have seen some recovery tools like TESTDISK and i'm not even able to install those :/
can that data be recovered ? If i install windows back what would be the consequences ??

Post a Reply

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+6 Rehman . · March 1, 2015
here i have writen all the process how to get our data back, eventually i have managed to get my 400GB recovered 
+2 Seems Legit · February 25, 2015
Welcome to Linux!
+1 Rehman . · February 25, 2015
okay guys its still going as a mystery i'm working on it.
0 Nitin Pathak · February 25, 2015
it may not possible as you wiped all partitions of your HDD.
I think ubuntu installation formatted your whole HDD to ext3 or ext4 partition.
To install windows again you have to format yor HDD to NTFS as as windows can't recognize partition other than NTFS,FAT and FAT32 ,and that would make data recovery impossible.
0 Bernard Pyc0d333 Parah · February 25, 2015
haha, good thing is techies love challenges, this is one you have to solve. and share your results man and the blog link too.

I am positive you will get alot back, not all though.
+1 Rehman . · February 25, 2015
i have searched on it there are some articles too they are using TESTDISK, while i didn't have any recovery disk lets try it. I'm getting a feel i can't bring my about 400GB back and feeling stupid how could i have done this to me. well lets give it a try thats what i can do right now and i'm gona post it on my blog about this experience later
+1 Bernard Pyc0d333 Parah · February 25, 2015
installing windows after linux might cause you to lose your bootloader(grub), though it can be recovered afterwards, thing is you can use recovery softwares after you install windows, there is a high probability that you won't get all your files back.

for  recovery. there are other tools like PhotoRec.

Goodluck and welcome to the linux world bro.
+3 Cardinal Coog · February 25, 2015
Learn Linux?

Linux is a free and open source software operating system for computers.

Bucky Roberts Administrator