Accidently wpide my all hardisk and have installed UBUNTU

+3 Rehman . · February 24, 2015
what should i be doing now ? I have seen some recovery tools like TESTDISK and i'm not even able to install those :/
can that data be recovered ? If i install windows back what would be the consequences ??

Post a Reply

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Chan Lee · October 23, 2015
You can find a precise solution at:
0 Noah Spagnolo · July 15, 2015
Do you have backup?
0 Rehman . · July 14, 2015

done throug testdisk and r studio
0 Jon Z. · July 14, 2015
try gparted -> devices -> attempt data rescue
0 Rehman . · July 14, 2015
well i got my data back at that time and posted all my experience on a blog too but that comment remained above somewhere i guess.
+1 Colonel Panic · July 14, 2015
If you are learning linux.  Install it in VirtualBox or VMWare Player.  That way you don't wreck the system you are used to.  Dual booting is a hard use case to justify with the ease of virtualization. 
0 Serite Ross · July 10, 2015
I wrote Ubuntu over my old Win7 and dont regret it. When i get enough practice here I will be switching to another distro though. I am not as sure about recovering info as others here are but as far as Ubuntu is concerned you might want to keep it. One does not simply install Windows, one must painfully buy the Windows then force the computer to accept its fate ;)
+1 Rehman . · March 13, 2015
Thankyou Tatrasiel :)
0 Tatrasiel R · March 13, 2015
Rehman Jeff good job for the  documentation on  your findings!  I wont need this, but you did the right thing by learning and sharing knowledge. 
+1 Frank Uwajeh · March 11, 2015
Been there. But still came back to linux. It's been tough but fun.Please come back.

Linux is a free and open source software operating system for computers.

Bucky Roberts Administrator