Accidently wpide my all hardisk and have installed UBUNTU

+3 Rehman . · February 24, 2015
what should i be doing now ? I have seen some recovery tools like TESTDISK and i'm not even able to install those :/
can that data be recovered ? If i install windows back what would be the consequences ??

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+6 Rehman . · March 1, 2015
http://techgeekthings.blogspot.com/
here i have writen all the process how to get our data back, eventually i have managed to get my 400GB recovered 
+3 Cardinal Coog · February 25, 2015
Learn Linux?
+2 Seems Legit · February 25, 2015
Welcome to Linux!
+1 Colonel Panic · July 14, 2015
If you are learning linux.  Install it in VirtualBox or VMWare Player.  That way you don't wreck the system you are used to.  Dual booting is a hard use case to justify with the ease of virtualization. 
+1 Bernard Pyc0d333 Parah · February 25, 2015
installing windows after linux might cause you to lose your bootloader(grub), though it can be recovered afterwards, thing is you can use recovery softwares after you install windows, there is a high probability that you won't get all your files back.

for  recovery. there are other tools like PhotoRec.

Goodluck and welcome to the linux world bro.
+1 Rehman . · February 25, 2015
i have searched on it there are some articles too they are using TESTDISK, while i didn't have any recovery disk lets try it. I'm getting a feel i can't bring my about 400GB back and feeling stupid how could i have done this to me. well lets give it a try thats what i can do right now and i'm gona post it on my blog about this experience later
+1 Rehman . · March 13, 2015
Thankyou Tatrasiel :)
+1 Rehman . · February 25, 2015
okay guys its still going as a mystery i'm working on it.
+1 Frank Uwajeh · March 11, 2015
Been there. But still came back to linux. It's been tough but fun.Please come back.
0 Chan Lee · October 23, 2015
You can find a precise solution at: http://www.tenorshare.com/

Linux

107,173 followers
About

Linux is a free and open source software operating system for computers.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator