What is your favorite development language, and why?

+1 Abdullah Nauman · February 24, 2015
Personally my favorite is HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. You can't pick one, because in this combination, one is useless without the other. I like these because, these allow be to do endless things, I can add all the functionality I want, it all depends on me.  I can use these to make websites, software(like brackets.io) and even mobile apps(https://www.build.phonegap.com). As many of you know, the future of the world is the Web and mobile. So I really think these skills will be beneficial in the long run.

I'd love to hear your opinion, on what is your favorite development language and why. :) 

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Alan Johnson · June 4, 2015
My favorite language is C#. You can use it to do anything you want from mobile apps, web development, windows apps and game development - just like Java but better (haha)
0 Gregory Ballantine · May 5, 2015
Personally, I'm a huge sucker for Ruby and Python. There's so much you can do with the two on the web with Ruby on Rails and Django, as a sys admin for scripting/automation, and they're very syntactically clean languages (in my opinion). Heck, a lot of school software is developed in these two languages, like Puppet (ruby), a lot of the utilities on Linux distributions are made in Python, and I think even Twitter used to be based on Rails.

Web design/development languages are fun to play with too, especially once you dive into other resources like SASS, CoffeeScript, Jade, or whatever else is out there.
0 Dol Lod · May 5, 2015
My favorite is C++. It is a very flexible language. It may not be as robust as Java, but it is good for performance and has a good coding style. It gives you the most options and flexibility for what the programmer can do. 
0 Sampan Verma · May 5, 2015
I love the console language i made using JavaScript, its kind of awesome and I will release it pretty soon
+1 Jay Deshaun · February 24, 2015
You're right, The future is Web and Mobile, and also I do like developing in HTML, CSS, JavaScript/jQuery, PHP, etc...

But since Java is mostly used in over a billion devices then I would most likely use it to create games and other apps other than using web since it could only take you so far.

General Chat

107,253 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator