How to think like a programmer??

+2 Tommy C · February 20, 2015
So here it's my question, 

How do I get better thinking as programmer???

I am still a beginner, I already know the basics but it's getting harder for me to step up.

For me it's getting easier day by day to read and understand someone else code, but then when I need to do my own starting from scratch it's a completely different story.
A friend told me that before I think on any code language I should think what I want to accomplish, how and then starting writing the code...   I usually go in the right direction but I'm not able to get there...

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Developer John · March 17, 2015
No problem. 
0 Tommy C · March 17, 2015
You are right, it was killing my motivation as I was thinking that with less time I will be able to accomplish more, and also many times I'm not sure if I was following the right path. 

Anyway now I see the things different and I was looking for an idea to start a project so hopefully this will really help me in stay motivated, keep practising and finally be able to think like a programmer :D!!.

Soon will be asking you for some advice to make it happen !! 

THANK YOU ALL!! 

+1 Developer John · March 16, 2015

Beware of that. It can kill your motivation.

Very.
+1 Branislav Lazic · March 16, 2015

Thanks guys, It makes sense, I guess I just being impatient 

Beware of that. It can kill your motivation.
+1 Mathias Frits Rørvik · March 16, 2015
Learn your basic data structures (Array, List, Map, Set, Queue, Tree, Graph), the algorithms that operate on these, and to some degree know how to implement these. But first you need to learn the basics of a programming language. 

Knowing algorithm and data structures bring your abilities as a programmer to the next level.
+2 Dan Veg · March 13, 2015
/images/forum/upload/2015-03-13/755092aaa7d1035ca6e93e54cc7133f2.jpg
+1 Developer John · February 22, 2015
Here's what I personally do. I find unique pieces of software(unique by the looks, features, or even trust), and the figure out how I could make something similar to that, but even better. I also tend to think about our futuristic technology, which is my motivator. Anyway, just remember, whenever you're learning something, take it into consideration and importance. Your path will lead you to not just success, but understanding and creativity. Trust me, I've come a long way myself. Have a good day!8-) 
+1 Mr. Computer · February 22, 2015
I just wanna say Keep Practicing ...
+1 c student · February 22, 2015
if you ever get stuck on something, don't try force it out by continuing to slave over it for the next three hours.  get up, take a walk, do something else, sleep over it, whatever.  if you focus too hard on something, it will be harder to get it out.  thinking about other things will help.
+2 Tommy C · February 21, 2015
Thanks guys, It makes sense, I guess I just being impatient :'(

General Chat

107,001 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator