How did you get your first Bitcoin?

+2 Emily Cash · June 16, 2014
I bought mine from a friend. Only .02 BTC though  :)

Post a Reply

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Bucky Roberts · June 16, 2014
I got mine from some guy in person I found on localbitcoin. Lucky for me it was right before the 2013 bubble.
0 Jason Kilsman · June 17, 2014
I got .05 from a bitcoin fountain. Unfortunately I lost my wallet file, so I think I had like 1.25 Bitcoins or so from it, which at the time was worth $10 so I didn't think much of it of it. 

So always remember to encrypt and back it up!
0 Daryll Pollock · June 17, 2014
Purchased at an exchange for a 2% fee.
0 Emily Cash · June 17, 2014
Hopefully not Gox :)
+1 William Frost · July 17, 2014
Someone gave it to me free :P
+1 Eugene Botma · July 22, 2014
I mined my first few bitcents with my gtx 560ti's beginning of 2013. was able to work my 0.4btc up to 2.2 btc on satoshidice before losing it all again :(
+1 William Frost · July 22, 2014
Lol, how?
+1 Eugene Botma · July 22, 2014
I was using a martingale betting system (start with 0.01, double on loss, on win reset to 0.01). Was working wonderfully until i hit 7 losses in a row. Soon after I got introduced to Just Dice. I wrote a gambling bot for the site based on martingale. Made some money with the bot, but not by gambling. By people donating money to the bot and paying me to make some private customization.  
+1 Jonah Morrison · July 22, 2014
I have yet to get any. Anyone got some ideas? Besides BuckysRoomAds?
0 Ramanpreet Kaur · August 27, 2014
I do not have any yet, but I am going to sell some things on here soon  :) 

They sound very interesting from what I have read. My teacher talks about them a lot in my web development class.

Discuss, learn, and share stories about Bitcoin, the worlds most popular digital currency.

Bucky Roberts Administrator