There is no way to enable virtualization in bios on HP 4710s notebook

+1 Boris Jelic · February 11, 2015

I have problem with android studio. When i want to start the emulator i get something like (
emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!
I read that the solution to this problem could be activation of virtualization in the BIOS, but there is nothing like that. I have intel core 2 duo T5870 processor. Can it be that this processor do not support virtualization?

Best regards

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Jaytee Bourne · February 12, 2015
No problem. Yes if you have an Android OS i think that would pretty much be the best solution in terms of actually going out and buying a CPU that supports that feature so I'm going to rate you up for this so others can see. better solution. 

The trick is if you want to run it from the computer then leave the Virtual Phone on since its so slow to boot and don't close it down because even if you close the project the clone device still runs. However it was great helping you and your welcome any time.
+1 Boris Jelic · February 11, 2015
I tried that. I created a new device with armeabi-v7a, but like you said it takes a very long time to start.

So I decided that the best solution for me is to connect my own phone directly on the Android studio and to test my apps on it.

Thanks again for your help.
+2 Jaytee Bourne · February 11, 2015
No problem Boris Jelic.

The problem will still exist unless you do the following:

Start the Android Studio IDE Go into AVD Manager which is the Center|Top or below the help on the right hand side. Below you will find the print screen.

Then you will find a screen which which says "Your Virtual Devices" 

In the bottom left hand corner you will see "Create Virtual Device". Click on it.

Choose the category on the left hand side to "Phone".

Now Choose your Device in this case you can choose "Galaxy Nexus". Click on it. 

Now on the bottom right hand corner click on Clone Device, in this case any changes made will not affect the default device so if you made an error you basically messed up the Copy or Cloned Device not the default one.

Now once you have clicked on "Clone Device" give your device a name. (Anything you want)

You don't want to change any hardware configurations. 

Now click "Finish". 

You will now prompted back to "Select Hardware" click on Phone and you will find your clone device. 

Remember its the name you gave it during the process of cloning. 

So if it was "Galaxy Nexus (Edit)" it will be within the following list. 

Click the Clone device you created then click Next. 

You will see a column which says ABI which is the system image click on the first one which says armeabi-v7a

Now click Next.

You will then see verify configuration page, make sure "Use Host GPU" is checked and the only change you need to make is 

the size of the phone (if you want to) this is done by clicking on Scale drop down box which says Auto by default, personally a nice size would be 4dp on device = 1px on screen.

Once that is completed click "Finish".

Your ready to go.

If you ever want to edit the the device hence you want to change the size of the phone just click on AVD Manager the first step print screened then click on the pencil which is the edit button and you can do your configurations from their. 

The other alternative solution is check your motherbaord to see what CPU's are compatible with it and support "Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)"

However i will warn you using The ARM  is VERY SLOW, for which reason i recommend purchasing a processor which has "Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)" . 

Also please rate this on the left hand side as it will help others too.

Keep me up-to-date and If there is anything else please let me know as i will be more than happy help.
0 Boris Jelic · February 11, 2015
Thanks guys. Now i know for sure than my processor doesn't support vurtualization.
I have mcafee antivirus and i could't find anything similary to the virtuazation to activate.

The problem still exist.
+2 Jaytee Bourne · February 11, 2015
Hi Boris Jelic, 

I checked the specs on your processor which confirms that it does not support the visualization.

I have provided a screen shot below, please click on it for a much better view.

Hope this helps.
+2 Maks Maks · February 11, 2015
probably yes (you can check it easily in google) . I had the same problem and this helped me:

"Some antivirus options prevent Haxm installation. ie: Avast : settings (parametres) tab -> troubleshooting (depannage) : you should uncheck "enable hardware-assisted virtualization" ("activer l'assistance a la virtualisation")."
 Don't forget to reboot your pc

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator