Lets get started!

+5 Abdullah Nauman · February 10, 2015
Guys, we need to get moving,  it's time to decide our next step, and to actually get coding(or planning) the language!m
We have a Github repo, the Orion, and we have decided that it is going to be a client side scripting language. 
So let's get started! 

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Çağlan Turgut · February 11, 2015
So what is the first step? The syntax of the language?
+1 Abdullah Nauman · February 11, 2015
Yes, i belive so. I think that our langauge should be geared towards making computer scincesimpler and easier user. More user friendly , this way we can spread computer scince, and have more people be involed with programming.

For Example 

Javascript: 

window.document.write("Hello World");

Orion: 
display 'hello world'

See what I am talking about. Just making coding alot simpler
+1 Landon Luman · February 12, 2015
Yeah or like 

Javascript:

int stuff[5];
stuff[0] = 10;
stuff[1] = 20;
stuff[2] = 402;
stuff[3] = 20;
stuff[4] = 10;
stuff[5] = 20;

Orion:
list stuff = [10,20,402,20,10,20]
0 Jay Deshaun · February 12, 2015

Yes, i belive so. I think that our langauge should be geared towards making computer scincesimpler and easier user. More user friendly , this way we can spread computer scince, and have more people be involed with programming.

For Example

JavaScript:

window.document.write("Hello World");

Orion:

display 'hello world'

See what I am talking about. Just making coding a lot simpler

Here's my part of the code:
function display(text){
var _t = typeOf(text);
if(_t!="string" || _t!="number")
return window.document.write(_t);
return window.document.write(text);
}
0 Sheldon Juncker · February 12, 2015
Yes, check out the Environment post. We're all going to need to get C++, Flex, and Bison. Also, we should start by working on a Grammar file for out language. The grammar file lays out the structure of our language, such as what comprises a function, array, if statement, loops, etc.. Everyone should probably familiarize themselves with BNF grammar because this is the type of grammar that Bison will use. The individual tokens that are used in the language (numbers, strings, identifiers, etc.) are specified as regular expressions which will be in a file used by Flex. Once we have a grammar and token file, we just have to output the JS for the various conditions. 

It's pretty simple. :)
0 Jay Deshaun · February 12, 2015
Lol that doesn't sound simple
I'm in it but not in it at the same time :p

Orion Programming Language Project

14 followers
About

This forum is for the users on TNB who are working on developing the Orion programming language. Anyone is welcome to take part in this project. More information will be posted soon.

Links
Moderators