Android app development begin to publish in google play store

0 kishor joshi · February 10, 2015
Hi I am new to android development.

I have prepare many applications in android.
I have knowledge about android development.

But Know I want to know about publishing app on Google Play Store.

1)Like What Should be Coding Style.
2)What Design and Drawable I need to take care.
3)What are the Copyright and License I need to take in mind.
4)What should be package structure of my code.
5)What is best way to test android app from secuirty and perfomance.

I have watched all 200 videos of android app but they all are indivitual component of android .I know.
What I want to know how to combine all these into one with best coding code,best quality app design,best way to publish on google play store.

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 AKT Arun · February 14, 2015
Using lots lots of images will increase application footprint and it will also increase package size. What if the application is developed with support for different android versions and screen sizes including tablets? I'm not saying that images are bad. I'm suggesting that one should minimize the use of images as much as possible and replace them with xml drawables wherever possible. High end devices will have enough memory and processing power but we have to be fair with all devices.

Also when using bitmaps remember to free up memory if the resource is no longer needed.
Always define variables with minimal scope. 

There is a memory analyzer tool included in sdk (I think) which will help you in identifying memory leaks. It will help you in better optimizing the code.

As I mentioned about packages, you can use modules. If you have some functionality, lets just say you have an image manipulation library or something like that, you can create a module for it. It will be easy to manage and test. Some one else can work on it, test it separately and you can integrate it easily.
0 kishor joshi · February 12, 2015
Thanks for your Information..

But I want a Explantaion How using Images in app affect application perfomance?
0 AKT Arun · February 11, 2015
I'll tell you how i would do it,

Code style does matter when you get into developing a big application with lots of activities and its more important if you use fragments, lots of adapters, receivers, custom views, custom classes for data etc.
usually I tend to organize these into different packages. I have seen people placing all of their classes in a single package and I dont think its a good idea.

try to write self documented code and add comment your code as needed.
Also keep in mind - Reuse your code.

When designing UI/UX stuff try to avoid images as much as possible. Ofcourse its hard to create so many xml drawables, styles and stuff but its worth it. Try to keep consistent padding and margins throughout your app. Use standard android colors, icons, etc. Search youtube for google IO videos. They show you the best practices for coding and designing.

Security depends on the type of app you are building. We can only do so much to secure our app. if our app uses some server connection then backend (API) must be secure too. Make sure you use tested/proven third party libraries.

And as for performance, reduce size, build standards compliant ui (XML). for example, use RelativeLayout only if it is needed and avoid it if the layout has lots of components.

Experience is the key. I don't have much experience though :P
0 Nicholas Eason · February 11, 2015
Coding Style doesn't matter. As long as it's an android application, it's not a big deal. 

For the Icon:

So, to create an icon for different densities, you should follow the 2:3:4:6:8 scaling ratio between the five primary densities (medium, high, x-high, xx-high, and xxx-high respectively). For example, consider that the size for a launcher icon is specified to be 48x48 dp. This means the baseline (MDPI) asset is 48x48 px, and the high-density(HDPI) asset should be 1.5x the baseline at 72x72 px, and the x-high density (XHDPI) asset should be 2x the baseline at 96x96 px, and so on.

For the package structure: 

Application Name is the app name that appears to users.

Company domain provides a qualifier that will be appended to the package name; Android Studio will remember this qualifier for each new project you create.

Package name is the fully qualified name for the project (following the same rules as those for naming packages in the Java programming language). Your package name must be unique across all packages installed on the Android system. 

Obviously this didn't answer all of your questions, but this should answer some at least :)

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator