Why do you program?

+23 Bucky Roberts · January 27, 2015
For me, it is because I like to build things. Programming (to me) is like the coolest toy you could ever buy. At first, learning was really frustrating whenever I would have a bug I couldn't figure out, or even just feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff there was to learn. But after a while the ability to create new things whenever I felt far outweighed everything else. 

Its awesome being able to build things without having to buy supplies or material. All you need is knowledge, time, and some motivation. Pretty cool if you think about it  :)

Post a Reply

- page 3
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Tatrasiel R · July 6, 2015
For me it was a weakness as I was in networking at the time. I took this to round off my weaknesses and it ended up being extremely useful at work.

Now, I program to understand things and to hasten my work.
0 Bernhard Riemann Georg Friedrich · July 6, 2015
To harness the power of your ideas.
0 Rohit Buddabathina ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ · July 4, 2015
I choose programming to think differently
0 Ian Arbuckle · February 13, 2015
I enjoy building things with computers and I spend most of my time on the computer. It started when I did carpentry as a subject in school where I got to build things with materials and then browsing on the internet one day I started to take an interest in programming as it didn't cost me nearly anything.
0 ♦Avishka RJ ♦™ · February 13, 2015
I also really love programming because thinking and designing solutions are really fun and interesting.
0 Jay Deshaun · February 12, 2015
I do it because I like the idea of being able to create anything you want and that you can imagine anything and kind of build it with programming.
+1 Alex Cassady · February 11, 2015
It's freakin' fun as hell and I get tingles when everything finally works. XD
0 Developer John · February 11, 2015
It's not a bug, it's a feature. Lol, just kidding. Jude, well, sometimes there are things that you need to fix. I kind of hate not being able to create anything, but I would rather become informed into programming than try at first, yet not know what I'm currently doing.
+1 Crazy Ninja · February 11, 2015
I'm also frustrated alot. Cos even thought i am working as a software developer, past 5 months i haven't build anything new... Damn, I'm feeling like lost. Cos in my work place, we have many issue fixings, not new developments. I feel like i'm wasting my life time. :(
+2 Abdullah Nauman · February 10, 2015
I just love put together, a couple pieces of text and see it all come to life for me. I  initially came in to programming so I could make games, but I have found out that what I really like is Web and app development. First I saw buckys C++ tutorials so that I could watch his Ogre3D and blender tutorials. But then he changed his mind and decided to do UDK instead. Sadly UDK, was not compatible with my video card. So I could not use it. Then after some searching I found these 2 JavaScript libraries, BabylonJS and ThreeJS. With these I could make games with out having to download all that heavy software. So I started watching bucky's Web Developmet tutorials. During that process, I discoved a web development community project called Buckysroom, and now here I am! :)

General Chat

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Bucky Roberts Administrator