Why do you program?

+23 Bucky Roberts · January 27, 2015
For me, it is because I like to build things. Programming (to me) is like the coolest toy you could ever buy. At first, learning was really frustrating whenever I would have a bug I couldn't figure out, or even just feeling overwhelmed by the amount of stuff there was to learn. But after a while the ability to create new things whenever I felt far outweighed everything else. 

Its awesome being able to build things without having to buy supplies or material. All you need is knowledge, time, and some motivation. Pretty cool if you think about it  :)

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Alex Cassady · February 11, 2015
It's freakin' fun as hell and I get tingles when everything finally works. XD
+1 Paarth Tandon · January 28, 2015
I code because it is the future. Most jobs in the future will be automated. There will be no taxi drivers, pilots, chefs, workers, etc. But who will be doing all that automation. The programmers.

BTW can anyone direct me to the source code on the Android App Development for Beginners tutorials about Fragments(23-30)? My program will not work. It just crashes.
+1 Miloslav Nosek · January 28, 2015
Its the thing I know Ill enjoy for all of my life.
+1 Gregory Ballantine · January 28, 2015
I program because it is fun to do, doesn't cost anything to do (unless you count electricity bills), I can build things with it, and it allows me to express myself/vent when it comes to designing stuff.

It is also a big time sink, and gives me something to be excited about during the week at work and/or class :D
+1 Sam Mazarei · July 8, 2015
It's like magic... and you can control it if you only learn the right words... Coding is like the ultimate puzzle. Intimidating at first but slowly you get the hang of it and all of a sudden a whole new world opens up. Personally , I was so excited the first couple times I got the code to do what I wanted it to do, I would tell anybody nearby all about it... but nobody could really follow what I was talking about. It's amazing that people are so tied to their computers and mobile devices but have no idea how they work nor even care. I keep coding and keep studying and keep learning because I feel a sense of satisfaction, even when the bugs rear their ugly heads, even when I can't find a fix and am forced to put an exercise on the back burner. There's just something about getting these things, these machines, to do what you tell them to and have what you tell them to line up perfectly with what you want them to do...
And I still suck at it. I love it so and I'm not even any good at it... yet. Just wait 'til I am...
+1 mike richardson · July 8, 2015
Make peoples lives better!! Current project is also converting tons and tons of paper work to electronic formats GO GREEN!!!
0 Alex Proksch · July 15, 2015
     I am an artist at heart and I have always loved to create and build things. So when I got into computers and found out that you can build and create things in a space that seems infinite, and build what ever you can dream up or desire. I thought, hey thats pretty cool. I want to do that. That's why I code. Its my release. 
0 Abdurrahman M. Rabah · July 8, 2015
I program because I want to achieve my dream ..
My dream was always creating a good game .. I am still 16 years old but I still have a lot of dreams to achieve in the soon future .. and I want to achieve 'em all
0 Roger Pettersson · February 10, 2015
I code, because its the future. I can manipulate irl objects through microchips just by some keybuttons and a mouse. But it mainly started with an interest in "know why", even though as a programmer you mainly program with the "the know how". But the "know why" is irl focused (electronics, electricity and conversion to physical forces applied).

In the near future... i believe programming is going to be introduced as one of the main subjects in school. But then again, the industry corporations might also want the main population not to know, and thus being powerless to oppose a threat of the (their order == Nineteen Eighty-Four) established order of power.

As long as common people have an open mind and share the knowledge, we will still have the upper hand :). Dont give in to the money hunger that forces your silence. 
0 ♦Avishka RJ ♦™ · February 13, 2015
I also really love programming because thinking and designing solutions are really fun and interesting.

General Chat

124,530 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator