Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)

0 Ab Hmay · January 27, 2015
Hello Guys,
I was looking for good android tutorials and I came accross the youtube channel. Now I have a long list of courses to watch (Java, C++, android...)
However my question is not related to any of the courses but it's about something Bucky mentioned in one of android videos. He said he suffers from CTS (carpel tunnel syndrome) and that he's using special gloves and a vertical mouse.

I'd like to know if any of you has this problem, and how are you dealing with it? What kind of keyboards/mice/accessories are you using? any special treatment exercise? are you getting any better?

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Bucky Roberts · January 27, 2015
I would also like to update that since I have been using the glove and vertical mouse, almost all  of my symptoms have disappeared completely. I think it is mostly because of the glove, because even when using my Mac (that only has the regular mouse) I feel fine as long as I have my glove on. Here is a link. I am not sure if this is the exact one I have, but it is something like this:
0 Melissa Ries · February 10, 2015
Thanks for the link Bucky! I have Carpal Tunnel and nerve damage...yea I know not the best thing for a computer science major...but...the nerve damage is from breaking my wrist a couple years ago. The carpal tunnel from carrying too many trays as a  server. I use an ergonomic keyboard and mouse, but my wrist is in constant pain. I have been planning on buying one of those gel things for your mouse pad. I didn't know about the gloves. I am definitely buying one! :D

General Chat

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Bucky Roberts Administrator