Where to find more advanced videos

0 Brendan The Awesome · January 26, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Recently I finished all of the tutorials on c++ and I am wondering where should I go for more tutorials or learning options to improve  my c++  more.Thanks :D

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Jake Scaife · January 26, 2015
If you feel that you are adept in writing c++ programs you could take a look at C++ with Qt or even take a look into the realm of OpenGL.

Qt will provide you with libraries required to make GUI applications, OpenGL provides tools to create 3D rendering engines etc.

Personally, unless you have been coding in C++ for a while, I would recommend focusing on completing a few projects in c++ to help cement your knowledge.

This is a resource I used when I started out : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/
There are a few 'problems' to solve, starting out very trivial and slowly getting more complex, fantastic for testing your knowledge in different areas of the c++ language. ( I really enjoyed the bunny problem at the end ;) )

If you need any help feel free to ask. Don't forget to share what you create with us! ;)
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · January 26, 2015
Get the book called C++ Primer
0 Brendan The Awesome · January 27, 2015
Thanks Jake! Just what I was looking/hoping to hear.
0 Kuroodo Ditory · January 30, 2015
My tips:

Think of a program and write it.

Make a more advanced calculator than in the tutorials, make a cash register, etc etc.

Then make a few games. I suggest making a Tic Tac Toe game.

It might take you a while at first for the Tic Tac Toe game, but in the end you are able to practice and gain experience.

Then as you learn more, see what you can add to your old programs/projects (make them better, add more features, fix code, implement a feature a different/better way, etc)

I also suggest looking at source code for other programs. Especially comparing your code to someone else. Compare the code of that Tic Tac Toe game you made to someone elses code. See what they did better, what you did better, etc

Eventually the more you do, start working on bigger projects (like a battleship game or a file organizer).

Then also go from text/console based programs to programs that have  GUI.
+1 mag magz · January 30, 2015
@ Kuroodo Ditory you rock! Thanks.

Used in many types of software including music players, video games, and many large scale applications.

Bucky Roberts Administrator