Reasonable to use PhoneGap for my Project?

0 Matt B · January 22, 2015

i've just started developing an android app. Since there will be the need of an iOS and Windows Mobile version i was wondering, if it is reasonable to use PhoneGap.

Here are the main functions of my current android app:
- Receiving messages from Server (Google Cloud Messaging)
- Show message depending on message type (show as notification, toast, activity, ...)
- Send data to a server (HTTP-Server, POST-Request), like "ok clicked" or "no clicked"

Most of the messages are time-critical. So the delay between outgoing message on Server-side and incoming message on client-side needs to be as small as possible.

I haven't work with PhoneGap before so i don't know if it is reasonable to develop my app in it.

Does someone has some experiences with PhoneGap?

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Mark Tan · May 12, 2015
definitely with the cordova plugins :)
0 Abdullah Nauman · February 21, 2015
Yes, I have a decent about of experience with PhoneGap. 
And can safely say that it is a wonderful thing! Though for what you doing, you might need SQL and PHP, why this is not natively supported in PhoneGap, you can still use it. 

What you have to do, is to create your application on  a normal online page on a free server( Then just include one file(index.html) your PhoneGap project. 

And in that index.html file, all,you need is  

So to answer you question, Hess you can indeed use PhoneGap. 
I would recommend the online version. 

If you want to see some work, this a preview of an application I made with PhoneGap!

Other Programming Languages

I think it is pretty obvious what this section is for.

Bucky Roberts Administrator