I am pleased to announce the launch of our website and the BETA build of the PyDark 2D Game Framework!
PyDark BETA Version
Synopsis: PyDark is a 2D game framework built on-top of PyGame and Python. PyDark is for new and experienced game developers looking to quickly develop 2D games for Windows, Linux, Mac and/or Android.
- Server-sided client/server multiplayer networking code built-in via Twisted
- Event-based 2D DarkSprite classes and local/network Player classes
- 2D Physics engine built-in
- 2D Sprite manipulation built-in for scaling, rotating and modifying sprites in real-time
- Audio handled directly via PyGame
- UI elements shipped and DarkSprite objects can be used to quickly create custom UI sprites
- IO module shipped that allows you to read, write and execute custom formatted files
- Security module shipped which allows you to encode and decode your games network packet data in a custom format
- Built-in MAC, Linux, Windows and Android compilation module that allows you to easily package your games for distribution
- Easy-to-understand syntax and code
- Python 2.7.x
- PIL or Pillow
PyDark BETA is subject to change and the most up-to-date code can be downloaded on the aforementioned link above