Pearson C/C++ institute

+1 Derek Welch · January 21, 2015
http://www.cppinstitute.org/?p=5

Worth it or waste of time ?  If not could you point me in a better direction to become proficient in C/C++ to increase my chances of passing a certification exam in these languages ?    

Thanks,
Derek

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · January 21, 2015
There is no point in getting a certification in C++, there is not a company that owns C++. To put it in perspective, ANYONE could start a such certification program. How does "The Rørvik C/C++ Institute" sound? That site looks like a waste of time.

Get a proper C++ book, and start learning from there. C++ Primer, is a good book to start with. Best of luck.
0 Derek Welch · January 22, 2015
Looks like you saved me some time.
  I am interested in embedded programming. I work in signs and graphics and I want to do more then just install led displays and sell other peoples software to my customers. My goal is to learned the skills to program stuff like the link below. I have watched all of Buckys C tutorials, countless hours programing various arduino board, and even created my own using the attiny85 microcontroller, to drive ws2803, tlc5940,74hc595,74hc4017 and max7219 IC chips to light led in about every possible way I can think of, I'm studying The C programming language second edition now, I have C the complete reference by Herbert Schildt, I have been tinkering around with linux to the point that my window 8.1 computer has been asleep for days, and I spend a good part of my time on this website each day. 
 What I meant by  C/C++ is to learn both language. To be able to use them each independent of each other.

http://buy.daktronics.com/Animated-Full-Color-Snowflake-Spin-Catalog_c_283.html

Thanks,
Derek
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · January 22, 2015
The C programming language is an excellent book. I recommend also taking a look at Zed Shaw's Learn C The Hard Way (it's available free on the website). 

C

107,237 followers
About

One of the most popular languages of all time.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator