Is Python worth it?

+1 Brodie Jefferson · January 19, 2015
Hey everyone, for the past 3 days I have watched 14 of the tutorials from thenewboston 
Python. There's 47 videos in the playlist of about 3 alone. I am currently refreshing my memory
HTML and CSS while learning a few things. I plan after that to learn Javascript. Anyway, should 
I keep going with python or is it to much effort for a newbie like me. Also if this somehow helps:
I want to be a game dev.

Thanks, Brodie.

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Landon Luman · January 19, 2015
Python is an amazing language for quote on quote "newbies" like you! After that, you can look into whatever, but C# is a recommended 2nd
0 Branislav Lazic · January 19, 2015
One thing I would say about Python: Don't be fooled by its simplicity. 

After that, you can look into whatever, but C# is a recommended 2nd

Recommended by who? 
0 Milan Obrenovic · January 19, 2015
Personally I never liked python because I never found it powerful enough. So in my opinion, it's not worth to waste time on it.
0 Bernard Pyc0d333 Parah · January 19, 2015
@Milan, how is Python not powerful enough?
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · January 19, 2015
Python is a really nice programming language. It has a very natural syntax that is close to natural language (to some extent). 

Both python and javascript can be used for making games

Javascript often associated with web browser programming. if you want to make games that you can play in your web browser, javascript would be an excellent choice. Javascript can also be used as a scripting language for the Unity3D game engine (popular game engine) for both simple 2D games and complex 3D games. There are also libraries to to similar things in python.

Python can be used for scripting stuff outside the web browser, this is not as common with Javascript.

It does not really matter which language you ultimately choose. The important thing is to pick one, and stick to it. =)
If you feel like you can handle it, just go for it!

This section is all about snakes! Just kidding.

Bucky Roberts Administrator