Android Studio is too slow for me

+1 Alexandru Pereteanu · January 18, 2015
Hi Guys,

I`ve just started watching Bucky`s Android Studio tutorials and i noticed that for him Android Studio opens up very fast at startup.
For me it is not the case, it takes about 4 minutes for it to load when i run it and i don`t understand why.
Starting up the emulator also is pretty slow but i read that that`s how Android Studio works when starting the emulator.

Could it be that my Android studio loads up so slow because i have installed to many packages and API`s in the SDK manager?
My laptopspecs:
4GB Ram, i5 processor

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Bernard Pyc0d333 Parah · January 19, 2015
you can always try using genymotion.
+3 Adrian Boisclair · January 19, 2015
You need more ram....

I have 6GB and it takes a min...

Now I use my girlfriends 10" ASUS Tablet.  It just sends the app to the tablet and my computer doesn't have to load an emulator. 
0 Alexandru Pereteanu · January 19, 2015
I will try to get more ram.

Do you have any idea if installing to many API packages slows it down? i have installed all the packages from Android 3.0 API11 to Android 5.0.1 API 21.
+1 Bernard Pyc0d333 Parah · January 19, 2015
the API packages don't make it slow.
 do other applications take time to open?
0 Adam Jefferson · January 19, 2015
Adrian described it precisely so I just want to show the picture from task manager while android studio and emulator are running
http://prntscr.com/5uioaj  so than with other apps, nearly 5 GB or RAM is used.
So use your smartphone or tablet because 1.7 GB isn't a little and your laptop will work more easily and faster. 
0 Alexandru Pereteanu · January 20, 2015

ok so i get error HTTP 302 when i try to upload an image.

I have a laptop with 5400 RPM 500GB Hard Drive

Since i cannot add an image, i will tell you what i see on task MGR, i have outlook, firefox and Android studio + emulator running right now:
CPU  oscillates between 15 - 25%
ram stays constant at 3.3 / 3.9  85%
disk is 6%

Java / Android Development

122,800 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator