How to fix? Run Error: minSdk(API 4) > deviceSdk(API 1)

+2 Richard Drolet · January 12, 2015
Hello all,

I am trying to move from Eclipse/Android to Android Studio V1.0.2 on Windows 7 platform.

For my first app, I selected the BasicNetworking sample. My virtual device is working Ok. But I cannot access my actual device.

The problem I have is when trying to connect my actual device (Google Nexus 7 2013) I get the error:

Run popup: Choose Device, Choose a running device 
  08f5b2fb [OFFLINE] No, minSdk(API 4) > deviceSdk(API 1)

Tried to get running via ADB with kill-server, start-server, devices still shows as offline. 

My guess is that there is a project setting that I missed, but can't find any more info to determine where and how to correct.

Also, I have not been able to locate a tutorial that covers the AVD Manager for the v1.0 product - seems much different from the previous releases.

Any help would be appreciated!

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Aadesh Rana · February 19, 2015
Having the same problem.. did you resolve yours? Did you root your phone.. i think thats the problem 
0 Richard Drolet · February 19, 2015
It appears to be FIXED! I confirmed the functionality only yeaterday.

Not sure exactly what the issue was, but I noticed that jre1.8.0_31 kept wanting to load an update. Apparently the JDK/JRE pairing was in error. 

The confusion is further complicated by the Source of the JDK and JRE directories in my Windows 7/64. I removed the jdk7 files, and installed jre-7u76-windows-x64.exe. This resulted in the following:
  Program Files
    Java (folders)

Program Files (x86)

Environment Variables

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_25

With this configuration I can now use an AVD and can use the Debug facilities (Breakpoint, Step, StepOver).

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator