Which way to go?

+5 Tristen Shaw · June 9, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to put together a 'simple' android application that could help me out a lot at work.

The trouble is, I'm not sure which way to go as far as what I should use.

I started the program in Flash with Actionscript because I'm familiar with flash and can make semi decent graphics for how I want it to look. The trouble is that I'm having a hard time with the actionscript side of things. 

I'm semi ok with PHP and JavaScript. But I'm finding that Actionscript is a whole new ballgame with the graphics side of things tied on.

Could I put together a website with PHP and JavaScript that could do the function that I want? Technically yes. But it wouldn't be the same. I need it to be fast and responsive, and I don't have internet access at work. I want a nice android app on a tablet.

I've worked with Visual Studio in the past, and that was what I thought of first, but the visuals I got from that seemed very boring. Where as in Flash I get whatever my creativity can come up with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Brendon McBain · July 30, 2014
@brano It went inside his coffee, Java makes nice coffee. That's about all. ;)
+2 Brendon McBain · June 30, 2014
Hey!

First of all, I would like to mention that I can help you with any Action Script 3.0 programming you need. To be honest, AS3 isn't too hard and there's lots of resources to help you. If you're wanting to create an Android application you've picked one of the best languages to do it in because it's multi-platform. Okay, so post me your plan for the application and I'll help you get it to where you need.

Here is a page with links that can give you a kick start. I suggest you start at "The Republic of Code" and "Action Script 3.0 Reference".
https://buckysroom.org/page.php?pid=472

Good luck.
+1 Yoncho Yonchev · June 10, 2014
Try JQueryMobile Tutorial to build web mobile application .

ActionScript

107,031 followers
About

Create website animations, games, and other interactive applications for Flash.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator