HELP! My Computer does not support Intel Virtualization (VT - x) What should I do, I want to continue the android app dev tutorial!

+3 music frissoner · January 8, 2015
/images/forum/upload/2015-01-08/c176e405064ee50fb8d464492c1393de.PNGI am starting my android development tutorial using android studio (bucky's tutorial), and he said to use the nexus 5 emulator (default) to test the app to be develop, but when i run the emulator, it says "Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable." so I find the file and try to Install it but.... (image).
Please someone help me. thanks

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Seems Legit · January 8, 2015
I have had the exact same problem. You need to enable virtualization in your BIOS. You do that by accessing your BIOS when starting up your pc and there you should find it. Hope this helps
0 music frissoner · January 9, 2015
I just found out my computer doesn't support vt-x, and also not capable of vt-x :( so is there an option which i can continue the android app development? I'm so sad :( thanks tho.
0 Colonel Panic · January 9, 2015
Seems Legit ++

He is right.  Unless you have it enabled in your computers Bios, then it will not work.   

I find it hard to believe that any computer that has been built in the last 7 years does not support virtualization at all.   If it does not.   then replacing it is very much worth doing.  Any engineer in the tech sector needs to virtualize 
0 Seems Legit · January 9, 2015
Yess you can continue the android tutorials. You just have to create a new virtual device but with armeabi
0 music frissoner · January 9, 2015
i created a new virtual device using arm but got new errors when running it /images/forum/upload/2015-01-09/46430c91d74d4e954f04e4d82c3a45e3.PNG
0 Hector Boone · January 9, 2015
Don't forget there's always the option of a real device. Probably less expensive than a new system.

Java / Android Development

107,001 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator