Do you really need to know Algorithm to become a great Computer Programmer?

+3 Savad Dekrup · January 8, 2015
Hello, I recently found out tons of algorithm about programming such as array sorting and etc. I was kind of overwhelming, so here is my question. Do you really need to know a lot of algorithms to become a great Computer Programmer? OR I should worry about algorithms when the time comes? I am doing a web page programming (PHP && Javascript), I might be interest in game programming using  an engine or a library for my game. Thank you for reading and your responds.

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Orkun Erbil · January 12, 2015
I think, yes. You should learn algorithms and how to write programs.You should avoid unusual things at codes and programs. Our C# teacher from university has a motto; "KISS = Keep It Simple Stupid. :) You must have your own style in coding. Good Luck :D
+1 c student · January 12, 2015
sorting algorithms are of many types and they are all different in their own aspect such as their sorting speed, their requirement of extra memory space, stability, etc... so, yes because you need to know how efficient an algorithm is, for example, its costs with resources, like memory management, and also its optimization, etc...  you need to be able to know what you're doing and if it's appropriate to the situation.
+1 Eugene Botma · January 13, 2015
you don't necessarily need to know a lot of algorithms, but you should be capable of understanding how algorithms work, how to calculate efficiency and memory requires etc etc. It's also important to know how to create or engineer algorithms.
+1 ♦Avishka RJ ♦™ · February 7, 2015
If you are working in your own place and if you can imagine the whole solution directly, You don't need to design it (I mean algorithms ) but when we are working as a team it will be a must because others should have  ability understand how you plan the solution

Other Computer Related

107,094 followers
About

Anything else technology related including search engines, social networking, marketing, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator