I cant start my emulator, :/

0 Elvis Fernandez · January 3, 2015
I worked my way up to video 4 of the new android app videos. When I attempted to load the "Nexus 5" through the AVD manager I received the following message.

C:\Users\Alexa\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\tools\emulator.exe -netdelay none -netspeed full -avd Nexus_5_API_21_x86
emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!
Please ensure Intel HAXM is properly installed and usable.
CPU acceleration status: HAX kernel module is not installed!

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
-1 Elias Nieminen · January 4, 2015
Go to your BIOS (on boot-up, press bios key, which you can find from google). Search for a setting called 'Virtualization' or something like that and make sure it's enabled.

For me, this didn't work, but a lot of people on different forums said that this would help, so hope you get lucky...
0 Andrey Markov · January 4, 2015
try going here C:\Users\(Insert Computer Username)\AppData\Local\Android\sdk1\extras\intel\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager 
then try installing the intelhaxm-android executable file which should be at the top of the page. Doing this you are actually installing the haxm file. If you get an error message saying something about intel virtualization technology (VT-x) while installing check if your VT is enabled and if you have hyper-v and it's on turn it off. To check if hyper-v is on go to your windows feature on/off option and it might be there. I have the same exact problem but I still can't not install the haxm executable file but for most people these directions work. Hope this helps and happy programming to you my friend.:)

Java / Android Development

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Bucky Roberts Administrator