Codeigniter VS Laravel

+3 Diego Mariani · January 2, 2015
Which one is better of these two PHP Frameworks ? Codeigniter VS Laravel ? explain motivation please

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
-1 Sheldon Juncker · January 16, 2015
Go with CodeIgniter first. It's smaller and easier to learn.
+2 Samuel Oloruntoba · January 19, 2015
laravel has an easy to learn syntax, it might be larger than codeigniter, but the recent version of laravel is faster than codeigniter.
0 Diego Mariani · January 19, 2015
So I think that Codeigniter is for learning MVC application design patterns. Than I'm realizing that Laravel offers many different instruments that cannot be found in Codeigniter development. Is more powerfully structured architecture, this is my view 
0 Sheldon Juncker · January 19, 2015
I think that you're right. CodeIgniter is a micro framework, meant to be easy to use. It doesn't have as many features as Laravel. 
-1 Nahiyan Alamgir · January 24, 2015
Being both a Laravel and CodeIgniter user, I insist that you should go for Laravel. Laravel is not only easier to learn but the syntax is logical and makes sense. I'd not recommend sticking with CodeIgniter because I'm quite sure you'll end up switching to Laravel really soon like I did.
And which one is better, Laravel or CodeIgniter? Umm, it's like comparing IE 6 with Chrome. Laravel is the clear winner.
Laravel is big only because of its dependencies but trust me, it's totally worth it.
-1 Nahiyan Alamgir · February 15, 2015
You're not biased. Laravel is just too awesome :)

PHP

103,416 followers
About

Server-side, HTML embedded scripting language used to create dynamic Web pages.

Links
Moderators