Android Emulator not working

+6 Amit Kumar Agrawal · January 1, 2015
Every time I try to run the Emulator, it gets stuck on "Android is Upgrading....Starting Apps". Can you tell me where the problem is ?

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 ahmedtarek mahmoud · January 2, 2015
go to the bios options and then system you will find vitualization change it to enable 
0 Niels van Oijen · January 2, 2015
What does that mean, and is there a way to fix this?
0 Niels van Oijen · January 2, 2015
My application doesnt work in the emulator when I set the theme to holo.light. When I try to run the application, it crashes automatically. I use a copy of the Nexus 5 with 1,5gb ram and API21 as emulator.

01-02 14:59:19.422    2190-2190/com.example.shaikun.extotest E/AndroidRuntime? FATAL EXCEPTION: main
    Process: com.example.shaikun.extotest, PID: 2190
    java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.example.shaikun.extotest/com.example.shaikun.extotest.MainActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
            at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2298)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2360)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:144)
            at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1278)
            at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
            at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5221)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:899)
            at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:694)
     Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
            at android.support.v7.app.ActionBarActivityDelegate.onCreate(ActionBarActivityDelegate.java:151)
            at android.support.v7.app.ActionBarActivityDelegateBase.onCreate(ActionBarActivityDelegateBase.java:138)
            at android.support.v7.app.ActionBarActivity.onCreate(ActionBarActivity.java:123)
            at com.example.shaikun.extotest.MainActivity.onCreate(MainActivity.java:13)
            at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5933)
            at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1105)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2251)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2360)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:144)
            at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1278)
            at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
            at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
            at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5221)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
0 Amit Kumar Agrawal · January 2, 2015
Thanks for you suggestion.
Just created a new avd with Android Kitkat and 512 RAM and I am good to go.

Java / Android Development

128,165 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator