:/ HAMX installation failure {SOLVED}

+3 Steph Kin · December 23, 2014
/images/forum/upload/2014-12-23/3c0dcd7fb6c0ba5a834bf96e5f63c99b.JPG

Please Help!

i check in BIOS  it says under Virtualization (Virtualization only) so i have like no idea why it's saying it's off :'( :( :'(

The specs of my pc 

Toshiba Satelite C55-A 

Processor : Celeron(R) N2820

4.00 GB (3.89 uusable) 

and of  course once again... system does support the HAXM  but it's not working....anyone knows why ???

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Lennert Hofman · December 23, 2014
I have the exact same problem, if you find a solution please post here.
+1 Yadian Arias · December 23, 2014
So in the Bios  Virtualization is on? can't really say but i can provide an alternative solution , use geny motion under Android Studio Plugins, is much a quicker too. 
+1 Lennert Hofman · December 23, 2014
I installed the geny motion plugin and it works perfectly.
Just follow this; http://tleyden.github.io/blog/2013/11/22/android-studio-plus-genymotion-emulator/

@Yadian, thank you
+2 Steph Kin · December 24, 2014
FIXED YALL!! DON FORGET TO SHARE THIS WITH OTHERS PLEASE!!!

AVAST IS OUR PROBLEM! 

IF U HAVE AVAST OR MAYBEY AN ANTIVIRUS WITH SIMILAR ATTRIBUTES AS AVAST! 
FOLLOW THE STEPS!

Some antivirus options prevent Haxm installation. ie: Avast :

<DIRECTIONS > 
Navigate to Settings (parametres) tab -> Troubleshooting (depannage) : you should uncheck  "enable hardware-assisted virtualization" ("activer l'assistance a la virtualisation").

restart ur pc and the HAXM should install....

i did this and i'm continuing with the following program development : Android :D ,a dreammmm yooo ^_^ After Jesus :D 

please share dont keep it here, and well like or rate if it works for u :) God bles !!! :D!
0 HyJax LTD · December 24, 2014
It is being suggested that Avast HW Acceleration settings have anything to do with this.

That is a con. Much testing last night shows NO EFFECT on an internet disabled machine.

The HAXM will not install and I continually get the same error. On my internet connected machine, I have been plagued with constant DEP restarts after disabling the feature in Avast.

(a little extra security precaution so when my machine DOES get violated its simply shuts down.  Its hard to finish installing an exploit on a dark connection)

It seems one illicit group is trying to get to machines running Avast. Maybe its North Korea or just some anonymous junkie.

DO NOT FOLLOW THE SUGGESTION ON DISABLING THE AVAST HVM MODULE
0 Steph Kin · December 24, 2014
ummmmm ok bosss 
im sory that happpened to ur system....

seee this really did help me...and i am honest....a honest man of God by the way!

u think i'm lying take it up with my Savior :) !

as foreveryone else if you all want to take thchance and do it ...it's ur choice....

yes it sonds risk but i am not, and i repeat again, i am not a hacker in anyway! 

just joined this forum to learn android programming ..... 

sooo please dont let me get kicked out or anything..im here to learn just as everone else....

Gpd bless u HyJax LTD! :) 
0 HyJax LTD · December 24, 2014
I don't know why you would get kicked out.  Im not anyone of much importance other than a contributor like yourself.  But digging out this stuff is kind of a 10 year hobby now.  Im usually two to three months ahead of the main stream security prints.

I would bet for some reason this worked for a good grouping of people that may not have lockdowns like some others do.

Avast is not the problem and Ill put money today within three months that data is exposed for being a socially manipulated exploit.

Its the most common attack these days to get us to feel okay about lessening our security.  Its usually been focused at the developing communities as well.

None of my references to who started this were directed at any one here.  So far its pretty stellar.

Keep your head up.  Im sure there is another reason this is occurring.  I hope the DL is getting jakt like Avast had happening when they hosted to CNET only.  Usersa would end up with bigger packages to entirely different software that installed.  I got a bible installed once from a file named AIS.  That was so coo... :p

Java / Android Development

107,246 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator