Which Operating System do you use/prefer?

+2 Utkarsh Adhrit · December 22, 2014
Over the internet, on some forums, I observed that many people recommend a Linux OS for programming. I understand for penetration testing (KALI) and servers, but for coding? Some say Mac. But very rarely do people say Windows.

Why So?

I currently use Win 8.1 and working with intermediate java and HTML and web developing stuff. Also some python using powershell. Never encountered problems.

Which OS you use/prefer?

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Erwin Mark · December 25, 2014
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate and kinda like it. Also it works fine for all the projects that i am working right now especially in Android. Linux/Ubuntu are really awesome too but there are softwares/games that they don't run in that OS, so its just for developing and learning about computers. I tried Windows 10 Technical Review and its freaking cool, i'm gonna reformat this into windows 10 as soon as they release it officially usable. I don't like Windows 8, so buggy and for Mac OS......... I tried it before but i'm still adjusting, it was really hard for me to use it because i am using windows in my whole life so Mac OS new to me.
0 Feisal Ahmed · December 25, 2014
Personally I prefer Windows 7......Coz Windows 8 is somehow confusing and u always get to press that Button :(......Annnnnnoying
0 Jason Amador · December 25, 2014
I pretty much always stay in Ubuntu, currently using 14.04.  It's super stable and secure, and for me it just always works.  You do have to learn a little bit, but if you come from mac it's not that different.  Then again, if you have a mac, why would you want to boot linux.  I have a deep disdain for Microsoft, I'm not totally sure why.  They seem like "the man" to me, I guess.  I love that linux is open source, most distros are free, and there is a great community out there.  It's worth trying out for sure to see what you think.  I also have Windows 7 on my machine, and I think I will have to check out 10.  Because... well, games.
0 Cardinal Coog · December 24, 2014
Linux Mint 17.1  with Mate in an Oracle Virtual Box on Windows Vista. Strange, I know, but it works for me. Wish I could ditch Windows completely but I have too many people that come to me with Windows problems and I need to know my way around it. 
0 Augustine Hernandez · December 23, 2014
Windows 7,  that OS is the ish!
0 Jay Deshaun · December 23, 2014
I use Windows 7 right now and I code in Java and some web related languages.

I'm not sure what's the best OS but if it's fast with a computer that has bad specs then I would want to get it.

For some reason I think Linux would be faster...
0 Steven the awesome · December 22, 2014
I am now using Windows 10 technical preview and it is really good! 
0 Branislav Lazic · December 22, 2014
Windows 8.1.
0 Vraj Patel · December 22, 2014
I use Arch Linux very often but right now I am using Windows 7. However I prefer Arch with Cinnamon or a Linux Mint build.

General Chat

106,965 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator