Extraneous errors

+3 Glenn Walker · December 18, 2014
Hi,

I am currently using the VB videos to get a handle on VB......surprise, surprise.  Anyway I am currently working on the videos for the person program.  I have a class and a form file.  As far as I can tell I have everything defined in the tutorial, but get a warning error at the first line in the form file.  The line has the code, "Imports Person", the class is named Person. Everything in the class file is public, except for the variables declared there.  The program runs, but I cannot figure out why the error and how to remediate the error.  The error is as follows:

Namespace or type specified in the imports 'Person', doesn't contain any public member or was not found.  yatta., yatta. 

I am using Visual Studio as my IDE.  Should there be a namespace in the class file?  Any help with this would be appreciated.

GW

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Glenn Walker · December 20, 2014
I did finally figure out the problem.  The line, "Imports Person", should have been "Imports InstructionForm.Person".  InstructionForm is the project and Person is the class file.  I think that had the project been called Person instead of InstructionForm the Imports Person would have worked without error.

Visual Basic

103,509 followers
About

One of the first products to provide a graphical environment and a paint metaphor for developing user interfaces.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator