Emulator in Android Studio

+4 Simon Haines · December 16, 2014
Okay, so in the new android tutorial (#4 in the series) , when I got to the SDK Manager, I saw that the package the package to install was already installed; but when I started the emulator, It said it wasn't installed. Should I uninstall it then reinstall it?, or should I do something else?

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 1
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Troy Jones · December 16, 2014
Is your VT on in your BIOS? (Windows)
+1 Simon Haines · December 16, 2014
I do have VT configured. I don't know why it's doing this; Do you think deleting and reinstalling the
Package would help? Thanks
+2 Kameron Davis · December 17, 2014
Assuming you're talking about the Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator package, the problem is likely that you didn't actually install the program. Clicking install in the SDK manager only gives you the installer, which is then placed in the directory C:/Users/(Your Name)/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/extras/intel/Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager. (If you don't see the AppData folder, type %appdata% in the Start search bar and go from there) Once there, you have to run intelhaxm-android.exe to actually install the program. Hope that helps.
+1 Simon Haines · December 17, 2014
Well, my computer has an AMD processor, so I couldn't run the program.
+1 Troy Jones · December 18, 2014
I had to access mine via the cmd prompt.
+1 Simon Haines · December 18, 2014
What do you enter in the cmd prompt to get it to work?
+1 Neil Cannon · December 28, 2014
AMD won't work with intel x86 emulator.
+2 Matic Kržičnik · December 28, 2014
Hello when i am making emulator folowing steps on hes tutorial i get this when i run it:
emulator: WARNING: Requested RAM size of 1024MB is too large for your environment, and is reduced to 768MB.
emulator: device fd:732
HAX is not working and emulator runs in emulation mode
emulator: The memory needed by this VM exceeds the driver limit.
Cannot set up guest memory 'pc.ram': Invalid argument
Error accepting connection, aborting
+1 Jake Fresh · December 28, 2014
I'm getting this problem:
mulator: WARNING: Requested RAM size of 1536MB is too large for your environment, and is reduced to 1152MB.
Cannot set up guest memory 'android_arm': Invalid argument
Error accepting connection, aborting
+1 Jake Fresh · December 29, 2014
I've tried installing the java compiler and android studio with Bucky and it hasn't helped haha. Think I might wait for my teacher to tell me how to do it next semester.

Java / Android Development

103,734 followers
About

Very popular language used to create desktop applications, website applets, and Android apps.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator