YII vs DJANGO

0 Bernard Pyc0d333 Parah · December 10, 2014
I am planning to start a school management system project in january, but i am having problems settling with the framework and language to use.
I am torn between using the Yii framework for PHP or using Django.
Need your views guys. Thanks

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Vaggelis Theodoridis · December 11, 2014
I don't know PHP. I have made couple of django blogs for learning purposes.
In django you wright full python except the html files. Even in html you right a base.html and you just extend the same code into the other html files so you never re-right html code. 
Django also has an admin interfrace (you choose if you want to choose it) and u can add/delete/change your database records through there.
I don't have much experience to give you advises but from my little experience django was simple/logical.You have your views.py where requests and responses are handled, you have your models.py file where you define you models for database(with relationships), you have your forms.py where you define your forms(django has defautl validation or you can overwrite them with your code if you want), you can connect forms with models so a form can change records in a model.
In a django project you can create more than 1 app inside the same package. For example i have my courses app with it's own files(models,forms,html etc), and in another folder i have an app users with profile form, registration, log in/log out etc. All in the same database. The purpose is that i can take my users app and use it in an other django project in the future.

Again, i don't have much experience to give advice just my thoughts from what i have learned.
0 Bernard Pyc0d333 Parah · December 11, 2014
thanks man. no knowledge is too little to share

Python

107,242 followers
About

This section is all about snakes! Just kidding.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator