Unity vs UDK

+15 Bucky Roberts · June 3, 2014
For people who have worked with both Unity and UDK, which one do you prefer and why?

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 2
Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Joey Bananas · June 5, 2015
I dont have a dog in this fight (yet). With that said I'd go UDK. Only reason being the hordes of crap games on steam made with Unity.
0 Martie Murphy · July 24, 2015
I am a high school teacher deciding if I should use unity or UDK, what would the students like and be able to learn quickly?
0 Kuroodo Ditory · July 25, 2015
Do not use UDK. UDK is old and out-dated. Use UE4 (Unreal Engine 4).

But for simplicity and easy-learning, go with Unity.

But know that you can do ALOT more with UE4.
0 Ben Elson · August 13, 2015
I was messing with Unreal new engine when you asked this question, since then I have been messing with Unity.
Unity has a ton of great tutorials, some of them have not been updated for the new Unity 5 but monodevelop will typically bride the code for you.  I noticed this early on as rigidbody gets turned to GetComponet<RigidBody>(). following commands here.  They also show you how to implement rb = GetComponent<Rigidbody>(); and then from then on when you need to apply physics rb is all that is needed.  Unreal fires off my cooling fans in case while building a simple scene.  Long and short, they are both great in my view but I am going to have to spend a ton of time really learning them both.  Probably need a better computer before I really get into Unreal Engine.

Game Design / UDK / Unity

128,156 followers
About

For all game design discussion including Unity and the Unreal Development Kit.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator