Microsoft or Apple

+5 Braydon Davis · June 3, 2014
Which company do you guys prefer, Microsoft or Apple? 
I personally prefer Microsoft. 

Post a Reply

Replies

- page 3
Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 George Williams · September 28, 2014
Really? Disrespectful language?

And your still misinterpreting and making assumptions. If I said:

"I prefer android(Samsung Is the beast)"

Then that would mean I an referring to Samsung as the reason I like android but I know that other phones like HTC use it so I wouldn't say that. Instead I put Android in the brackets because I like Samsung because of Android. 

Listen, we don't make progress if we disrespect each other so I'm going to stay away from whatever forum responses you make because you don't seem to be able to handle correction.
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · September 28, 2014

"Samsung for all my mobile needs(Android is the beast)"

You wrote the following, dumbass.
+1 George Williams · September 27, 2014
Who said I thought Samsung was Android? what if I meant  I like Samsung because of Android? An like Android because I like Linux? Please stop making assumptions.
0 Mathias Frits Rørvik · September 26, 2014
Saddens me that people think Samsung is Android. Sure, at the moment their phones use Android as a backend. Trust me, they are going to ditch Android as soon as they get the chance.
+2 George Williams · September 25, 2014
I am utterly disgusted at these choices. Microsoft for laptops and desktops, Samsung for all my mobile needs(Android is the beast). And any other thing is Linux. I refuse to even touch an "apple" without gloves. :|)
0 Ron McCurdy · September 23, 2014
At one time, I worked for an Architectural/Engineering firm that had Apple computers for timekeeping/scheduling, Linux for their proprietary CAD software, and Windows on Linux for AutoCad.  It was a real joy to jump through all those hoops!? NOT!  Oh yes, and trying to use AutoCad, Microstation, and their proprietary CAD to create drawings could become confusing...good thing they went belly-up...
+1 Edgar Sias · June 22, 2014
I've been using Windows as my main PC since I started computer, with the occasional Linux here and there. For my internship though, I have to use a Mac. And it has been just infuriating me most of the time. Some of the simple things I could do in Windows are not on it... there's nothing in there like Notepad, except maybe Xcode but that's a little bit overkill. I hate how everything autosaves... I was cleaning up large chunks of code, and deleting them from the text file as I was going to keep track of what I was doing, and it autosaved which meant that I essentially deleted the code -- I had to grab a clean copy and start again. Then I try to save a file in a folder I created and could not for the life of me get it to save outside of the main user folders. THEN I was trying to take a look at some of the system files on Finder since I find it easier to work with chunks on them than on bash, and I had to do a bunch of crap just to get it to work; in the end, I basically forced it using bash. Gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I do like the touchpad, though. Fancy.

In terms of phones, though, I think Apple stomps based on their marketplace. Not a huge fan of either of their actual devices or interfaces, though, I'm an Android guy.
0 Gregory Ballantine · June 10, 2014
I wouldn't say I prefer either company over the other, they both do great things and they both do many terrible things.  However, generally I prefer Windows (in a dual-boot with Debian or something linux) over OS X for general use, while at work, which is for the most part a *nix environment, I love my Mac. For phones, iOS all the way >:D
+1 Colonel Panic · June 10, 2014
Each OS has it's pro's and con's.  If you are working in a *nix environment, go with the Mac or some variant of Linux, (I run ubuntu, mostly because it's what everyone else was using when I started.)   If you are working in a Microsoft Environment, go with Windows. 

I let the servers I work with decide my OS. Makes for better integration.
+5 Mathias Frits Rørvik · June 3, 2014
I'm not going to pick side with either of those mega corporations. I'll pick whatever that will cover my needs the best, sometimes it's Windows, other times it's OS X and GNU/Linux every now and then.

Microsoft

107,016 followers
About

Apple fanboys not allowed.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator