CSS Integration with C#???

+1 Greg Van · November 12, 2014
This may be a silly question, but can I incorporate CSS into the design aspect of a C# program? The application is a single page data explorer and we just need to improve the aesthetics. Namely, we have a logo that is in a static position and when the window is resized or if it's run on a different type of machine, it is perpetually in the wrong spot. Unfortunately I can't share code as it is govt work. Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. I can also explore the possibility of rewriting in a different language. This current iteration just happens to be in C#. Thanks in advance!

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Eugene Botma · November 12, 2014
is this a desktop application, metrp app, silverlight or asp.net applciation? saying it's in c# doesn't explain too much...

metro and silverlight applications work with xaml. Styling is a bit different from css but can easily be done. metro alternatively uses html and javascript for their applications, so using css might be possible.

asp.net (including mvc) uses html and css, since it is a website, so obviously you can use a css spreadsheet.

a desktop application cannot be linked to a spreadsheet for styling, but if you anchor your controls correctly, re-sizing the window shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe just a bit more info on what you want to achieve and I might be able to give you more information.
0 Landon Luman · November 25, 2014
This could be a neat project to create though...

Like maybe you can make an Import for this, then you can split the text by spaces, colons, semicolons, and create your own css integration!
0 Greg Van · November 14, 2014
It is a desktop app and we were able to resolve the issue by correcting the anchor setting on the image. I feel silly not finding that sooner, but you answered my question and the app looks great now. Thanks Eugene!

C# is an object-oriented language designed for improving the development of web applications.