New Ticker

+1 Roopavathy Baskaran · November 7, 2014
Hi,

I am developing a website,here I have used three plugins...

Here is my code....

http://pastebin.com/TiS9QiZC

The image slider and also the text slider (below) works well....but when I add the News Ticker ,both sliders stopped working....there is some conflict in line 91.please help me..

Thanks in advance....

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Yousef Al-Hadhrami · November 10, 2014
Provide the files associated with the web page, and then me or some one else can help you

you provided me with links to CSS & JS files that are not on my hard drive , this is ur index file:

<!-- CSSs -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="css/reset.css" /> <!-- RESET STYLESHEET -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="style.css" /> <!-- MAIN THEME STYLESHEET -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="max-width-1024-css" href="css/max-width-1024.css" type="text/css" media="screen and (max-width: 1240px)" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="max-width-768-css" href="css/max-width-768.css" type="text/css" media="screen and (max-width: 987px)" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="max-width-480-css" href="css/max-width-480.css" type="text/css" media="screen and (max-width: 480px)" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="max-width-320-css" href="css/max-width-320.css" type="text/css" media="screen and (max-width: 320px)" />

<!-- CSSs Plugin -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="thickbox-css" href="css/thickbox.css" type="text/css" media="all" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="styles-minified-css" href="css/style-minifield.css" type="text/css" media="all" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="buttons" href="css/buttons.css" type="text/css" media="all" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="cache-custom-css" href="css/cache-custom.css" type="text/css" media="all" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="custom-css" href="css/custom.css" type="text/css" media="all" />

<!-- FONTs -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" id="google-fonts-css" href="http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald%7CDroid+Sans%7CPlayfair+Display%7COpen+Sans+Condensed%3A300%7CRokkitt%7CShadows+Into+Light%7CAbel%7CDamion%7CMontez&ver=3.4.2" type="text/css" media="all" />
        <link rel='stylesheet' href='css/font-awesome.css' type='text/css' media='all' />
        <style type="text/css">
        .news {
    background-color: #CCC;
    height: 200px;
    border: 1px solid #000;
}
        </style>

<!-- JAVASCRIPTs -->
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/comment-reply.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.quicksand.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.tipsy.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.cycle.min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.anythingslider.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.eislideshow.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.easing.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.flexslider-min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.aw-showcase.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/layerslider.kreaturamedia.jquery-min.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/shortcodes.js"></script>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.colorbox-min.js"></script> <!-- nav -->
        <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.tweetable.js"></script>

<!-- ****************************-->

<!-------------------------- News Ticker--------------------------->
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="news-ticker/style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

, I suggest that you upload the whole site folder if you want us to test it.
but I think the answer to your question is that there is naming conflict when you use JavaScript ,JQuery and other different libraries because they are all basedi on JavaScript
maybe a naming conflict happend between the different libraries you used
and you have to use the

jQuery.noConflict()

incase that was the problem here is documentation http://api.jquery.com/jquery.noconflict/
and here is the tutorial http://learn.jquery.com/using-jquery-core/avoid-conflicts-other-libraries/
if this is not the problem do as I mentioned above, provide us with the whole website file

HTML / CSS / Web Design

106,990 followers
About

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.

Links
Moderators