can u help me with a easy phyisics problem

+1 Alex Ross · October 25, 2014
if the speed of a partly chewed mouse which hobbles 3.2m in 35seconds how far will he get in 25 minutes

can u show me how plz

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Jeremy Hewitt · October 27, 2014
Alex, I sent you a possibility
0 Lars in Space · October 28, 2014

if the speed of a partly chewed mouse which hobbles 3.2m in 35seconds how far will he get in 25 minutes

can u show me how plz

Seeing that the mouse has hobbled 3.2 meters over the course of 35 seconds, you could say that every second he moved 320 / 35 centimeters. Since 1 meter equals 100 centimeters and it was done in 35 seconds total.

That brings you to the conclusion that he must move at a speed of 9.14 centimeters per second.
Since every minute has 60 seconds, we can now check and see how many centimeters the mouse moved per minute by multiplying that 9.14 centimeters he moves per second by 60 seconds. Which leaves us with an answer of 548.57 centimeters, which obviously is equal to 5.49 meters per minute.

You also stated that you had to check how much distance the mouse had covered during 25 minutes which I think you should by now be able to solve yourself by checking how many meters the mouse moves per minute and then multiplying that by the total of minutes you want to check.

Hope this helped :)
0 Jeremy Hewitt · October 28, 2014
I had to send it directly to him due to when I attempted to post it here, it was totally messed up, so I'll send it to you lars, tomorrow bro
0 Eugene Botma · October 28, 2014
velocity = distance/time

so, lets call the mouse's velocity v.

v= 3.2/35      m.s^-1

distance = velocity*time

Lets say the distance the mouse travels is called x, so:

x= v*(25*60)     m

Since v is in meter per second, you need to convert the time to seconds.
0 Jeremy Hewitt · October 28, 2014
I sent what I had directly, hope it helps, it's not pretty, but it seems to work syntaxtilly, funtionally and accurately

General Chat

130,894 followers
About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator