Css file! Help!

+1 Ali Khiti · October 25, 2014
Hi guys, I haven't been programming for a while and  now that I came back I noticed that the main css file on a project I've been working on doesn't accept any new changes, I even deleted the file and nothing happened. Can someone please tell me what the problem could be ?

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+1 Ali Khiti · October 26, 2014
I actually saved the file like 100 times hahaha. I said I even deleted it.
The problem was from the browser .I cleared my browsers cache and the problem was solved. but thanks guys anyway.
+1 Eugene Botma · October 27, 2014
For future reference, You don't need to clear the cache of your browser. Pressing f5 a few time usually does the trick, otherwise, shift+f5 will force an update for images and styles, clearing only the cache for that specific site/page.
+1 Ali Khiti · October 27, 2014
Thanks man!
0 Pedro Alves · October 25, 2014
Can u please be more explicit? I just don't understand what is hapenning
0 Ali Khiti · October 25, 2014
Well pretty much, I wanted to add some new changes in the design of my website, so I made some changes I made in my css file but nothing new happen to the website, I even deleted the whole css folder and still nothing changed
0 HyJax LTD · October 26, 2014
I don't mean to sound like Im joking but I had this kinda happen last night.

I was forgetting to save ALL the pages.  In other words, I was only saving my HTML page (in notepad++) but forgot to click on the CSS and save it.

I know this sounds silly and may not be your problem.  Just thought Id share my own brain fart from last night that gave me this headache.
0 HyJax LTD · October 26, 2014
Yea... I had the short bus keyboard out last night apparently.

HTML / CSS / Web Design

107,280 followers
About

Discuss, share, ask, learn and teach HTML5 and CSS3.

Links
Moderators