Bruce Whealton - My introduction

0 Bruce Whealton · October 23, 2014
Hello all,
           I really appreciate the feedback I get here... the invitations to connect with others and of course the training material.  It is awesome to see the wide range of training that is available.  
          I have been freelancing for years now.  I love technology.  I had worked in a different field but then came back to Web Development/Software Engineering several years ago.  
         I especially like the Semantic Web Technologies.  Even though these are W3 recommendations - which really means these are standards that one should follow, they haven't taken on enough attention among Web Developers, Web Designers or other folks.  The Semantic Web makes the web more intelligent.  These technologies do not change how a page is displayed, which might have an impact on why they haven't taken off as much as HTML5 and CSS3 technologies which aren't not even at the stage of W3 recommendation yet.  The Semantic Web is about an open world wide web distributed database... which means it is not just about information that is hidden and only accessible to those who created the database.  It also defines a standard format for storing information, aka data.  That format is RDF (Resource Descriptive Format).  On web pages, in the markup, you can use RDFa, where the a stands for attributes, and this lets you put the Semantic Web data/information in the markup for the page itself.  You use the HTML tag attributes - that's what the a stands for, attributes.  
         Then you have standard vocabularies which include terms and how they relate to one another.
If you are interested, I'd love to describe this in more detail.  However, I am getting off target with an intro posting.  
         What else can I say... Well, I love learning.  
Anyway, I'd like to talk about a project that is for a good cause... but I'm not sure where to describe it.  I'd like to get help on it.  I'll check out the many forum topics to see which one is most appropriate for sharing this.

Post a Reply

Oldest  Newest  Rating
0 Çağlan Turgut · October 24, 2014
Welcome to The Community! I know nothing about networking or webdesign but I 'm pretty sure that someone will be interested because it sounds really cool even for me :D.There are lots of threads which can be in multiple sections so don't worry about that. I really know nothing about the stuff you are talking about but as you can see there is a lot of place that your detailed explanation that the community  is waiting exitedly(if that's a word :P) can go to .

Just joined the website? Feel free to introduce yourself here. Oh, by the way, welcome to BuckysRoom!

Bucky Roberts Administrator