"No Wants To Be Your Friend."

+1 HyJax LTD · October 20, 2014
Okay... so this is what appears when you hover the friends icon.

I didn't need any tissue but it does give some negative connotation.

Maybe change it to 'No New Friend Requests" or something a little more upbeat./images/forum/upload/2014-10-20/9fe2c524087d6521f546a3dfd71c934e.jpg

Post a Reply

Replies

Oldest  Newest  Rating
+2 Ben   · October 21, 2014
I like it the way it is. 
In my opinion, it was a bit comical. 
0 HyJax LTD · October 21, 2014
While I agree that its very laughable, it may be a turn off for others we would want here too.

Just saying... not very encouraging for a site we want to be welcoming.
0 Jesse Cox · October 22, 2014
I was about to come post this issue. Though comedy is one thing. Lonely people are another. Someone could be waiting around for a friend request and then click up there to see, "No one wants to be YOUR friend."

At the same time, blatant blandness of flavor is a fault of Facebook's. Perhaps there is a more neutral message which can be used. Or a link (with explanation) or explanation can be provided under the comment, asking the user to get more involved in the community.
0 HyJax LTD · October 22, 2014
I agree... we can maintain color and levity to this site but at the same time this is a psychological factor.

While not everyone will go away from it, it will cause significant loss of certain groups of people and increases of others.

Maybe it could say "Eh.. friends are overrated"
+3 Ryan Gilkey · October 31, 2014
I don't think a lot of people put that much thought into the message. I think it should be left. If they really wanted internet friends then they could click on "send friend request". Making friends works both ways. Don't sit around expecting people to friend you. Breaking outside of your personal shell can be fun, and if it's not for you, then what else would you expect. Both of you (Hy Jax LTD, Jesse Cox) don't have a problem with it but you're worried about the "ifs". This can lead to a very stressful life. Trust me. There are other ways to help people who may take the message to heart because their problem doesn't start with reading a hidden message on a computer science tutorial site. Let's start a new forum post to dig deep in the issue and come up with a way to help lonely individuals. And trust me. I'm very serious about this. I send a friend request to everyone because I want to help them navigate the site and with any coding problems. Anyone who's messaged me can vouch for that.
+1 HyJax LTD · October 31, 2014
Its a psychology factor.
0 Ryan Gilkey · November 10, 2014
"Its a psychology factor." sounds like a reason, not a solution. Let's talk about the root of the problem my friend. :)
0 HyJax LTD · November 11, 2014
No slipn here son. I got friends, we call some leather necks and shit. But then I got my Liquid Eight team... they sum down hommies.

It is truly a psychological turn off, in the social matrix avenue aspect.  Basic psy101.

Honestly I noticed only scrolling across them all. I don't hover it unless its lit.... :pinch:

Maybe after one adds a friend or two it should change to 'You have no new friends.' That way you can always create a Goth account it ya need the dark feeling of loneliness and abandonment and just don't add any friends.

So new accounts or people with blank account can still see the No one wants to be your friend' ;)

>two thumbs<

..now ya got me lookn...
0 Susan Moss · November 11, 2014
That is the Bucky's way... I like it!
0 HyJax LTD · November 11, 2014
If Bucky is trying to cater to one particular sense of humor or culture, its great.

I THINK ITS HILARIOUS!!!

These are real things though when attempting to build a new social media platform for ALL encompassing cultures/view points.  Yes, if they are such a stick in the mud they cant laugh their ass off at that, then they are truly in sum mud.

But maybe they just need some education from a great teacher... and it would be a shame someone to chose not to learn over something so silly that only serves a few.

Real live marketing aspects is what Im pointing out.  How broad of a scope or net do we want to cast? So again; If Buckys mission is to cater and attract one particular breed its great.  I think he has a broader mission and reach he's aiming for though.

:woot:

Suggestions

129,827 followers
About

Tell me what you like about the forum and what sucks about it here.

Links
Moderators
Bucky Roberts Administrator